Swanson Premium Korean Red Ginseng Root 400 mg 90 ct  » Health  »
  • Although I had tried a couple of ginseng brands prior to this one, I was impressed by someone on a fibromyalgia forum who said she had also tried a few with no success but found one that did work for her
  • I liked the idea, so I bought some and took for a couple of months
  • I noticed on the label that the ingredients state it may contain silica
  • I expected the stomach issue to be a lot worse than it was actually
  • I would highly recommend it for anyone suffering from any condition which causes fatigue– including just plain old “life

• by reviewabit

When I have severe flare ups of fibromyalgia, I feel like my batteries have been completely drained. I barely have the energy to function, with none left over to enjoy life. I’ve tried a lot of different supplement products that are supposed to give energy, and one of them was this Korean Red Ginseng. Although I had tried a couple of ginseng brands prior to this one, I was impressed by someone on a fibromyalgia forum who said she had also tried a few with no success but found one that did work for her.

She recommended this brand made by Swanson Premium. It is labeled “full spectrum” and according to the information on the product, it increases energy by helping to dilate blood vessels, thus creating better circulation around the body, and better health over all. Normally I scoff

a bit when a product promises “better general health” because that could mean anything or nothing.

However, they have a point– if circulation is improved, that does actually help the body and all if its systems. I liked the idea, so I bought some and took for a couple of months. I noticed on the label that the ingredients state it may contain silica.

I always think of the little packets of silica that come with shoes that say “do not eat. ” Obviously it can’t be that toxic, if they can put it into supplements– one would hope anyway. I took two a day.

I tried three but it seemed to bother my stomach a little, which was predictable as the label said it should be taken with water and food. I expected the stomach issue to be ...

• a lot worse than it was actually. I tend to get an upset stomach with some supplements and when my fibro is acting up, it’s usually worse.

This wasn’t too bad. I have taken vitamins that are not supposed to bother your stomach and had them put me in agony– and some warn against stomach upset and hardly bother me at all. I just have a strange system.

The first couple of weeks I took the product, I couldn’t tell any difference in how I felt and I was very disappointed. I was urged to continue the ginseng, so I did. After about a month, I could feel some energy coming back to me.

Although I still had the aching muscles and nerve symptoms of my flare up, I didn’t feel as exhausted, and with pain medicine, I was able

to function pretty normally. I did not have the same amount of energy that I would have had when I was not in a flare, but it was definitely more than I would have expected to have with the level of symptoms I was experiencing at that time. When my flare subsided in a couple of months, I kept taking the ginseng until it ran out.

By that time I was back up to my normal energy level and didn’t really need it, so I stopped taking it for awhile. If I ever have another one that bad, and experienced the same level of fatigue, I would definitely buy this again and take it, stomach upset or not. It was worth it.

I would highly recommend it for anyone suffering from any condition which causes fatigue– including just plain old “life. ”

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347021414881228/k2311a027/2.7.11