White Rain Classic Care Non Aerosol Hair Spray Ex Hold Unscented 7 oz  » Health  »
  • I had used White Rain shampoos in the past and frankly was not impressed at all
  • I decided it was a case of “you get what you pay for” and never gave it another thought
  • It was non- aerosol, which I prefer, because I feel much of the aerosol types get wasted, and they aren’t good for the environment anyway
  • Although I cannot recommend their shampoos or conditioners, White Rain does actually make a pretty decent hair spray
  • I still use my other brands too, but I know if I am running short on money, there is a product out there that will give me everything I need without breaking the bank

• by reviewabit

When I ran out of my usual hair spray and hadn’t gotten paid for the week yet, I stopped by a dollar store, and picked up a bottle of White Rain hair spray. I didn’t expect much quality, for a dollar store product. Its good performance surprised me. I had used White Rain shampoos in the past and frankly was not impressed at all. I decided it was a case of “you get what you pay for” and never gave it another thought.

Out of the selection in the dollar store, the White Rain looked like the most premium product on the shelf. At least I had heard of the name. I just needed the hair spray to get me through a couple of days until I could get

my regular brand replaced. There were a few things about the product that met my needs right away.

It was cheap. Dirt cheap. It was non- aerosol, which I prefer, because I feel much of the aerosol types get wasted, and they aren’t good for the environment anyway. It was unscented.

I don’t mind a scented hair spray, but usually I will be wearing a perfume or lotion that would not necessarily match up to the hair spray. I wear something different every day, so I wouldn’t want to have to buy a hundred hairs prays to match them all. I took my White Rain home and tried it out the next morning. Somehow I expected a sticky, gooey mess on my head, but ...

• that is not what I got.

The spray actually performed very well. It sprayed easily and evenly, and gave a fine misting to my hair. It dried quickly and did not feel sticky on my head at all. There was no fragrance, as stated.

It held my hair almost as well as the salon brand products I had been using. I actually liked the product so much, I continued using it until it ran out, instead of replacing it with a new bottle of one of my other brands. Although I cannot recommend their shampoos or conditioners, White Rain does actually make a pretty decent hair spray! I still use my other brands too, but I know if I am running short on money, there is a

product out there that will give me everything I need without breaking the bank. One dollar is nothing for a bottle that lasted me almost two months.

It was effective enough that I did not have to use a lot at once. A couple of spritzes, and I was on my way. I would highly recommend this “cheapie” product. Sometimes you just don’t necessarily get what you pay for.

Sometimes you get more… or maybe we are trained to think that when we pay so much more for the same things in more upscale brands. It has really made me rethink what I have been paying for some other products. White Rain hair spray is cheap everywhere you find it, and is widely available in discount stores, grocers, and Walmart.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347021414861228/k2311a027/2.7.11