Caleb Treeze Organic Farm Stops Acid Reflux Organic and Natural  » Health  »
0.5
  • I have had a problem with GERD for several years, and was in the process of switching from one proton pump inhibitor to another that was less expensive, and I thought since I was making a change anyway, I would do something brave and try a natural remedy I had heard about
  • Needless to say I do not recommend this to anyone, anywhere

• by reviewabit

This is one of those products that one tries and immediately regrets it. I have had a problem with GERD for several years, and was in the process of switching from one proton pump inhibitor to another that was less expensive, and I thought since I was making a change anyway, I would do something brave and try a natural remedy I had heard about. Someone told me about Caleb Treeze Acid Reflux liquid, which was made from organic unfiltered raw apple cider vinegar, ginger juice and garlic juice. Yes, garlic juice.

I don’t know what made me work up enough strength to swallow any amount of this, especially after smelling it. It was not overly expensive, and since I had heard good things about both ginger and apple cider vinegar and had

taken the two at various times, somehow in my mind I developed a theory that the two of them together, with garlic, must be magical, since garlic has so many health benefits anyway. There are some flavors you just don’t mix.

Ginger has a pleasant taste. However, neither apple cider vinegar or garlic do, and ginger just takes those two flavors, which feel like they could burn a hole right through your throat, and makes them even hotter. I wonder if the idea was to burn off the top layer of tissue in your esophagus to cure your heartburn? The first time I took this, I was not even having GERD symptoms– because I had just come off the proton pump inhibitors, and it hadn’t had time to act up yet.

...

• The smell made me gag. I had to force myself to put it in my mouth, and when I did, it was all I could do not to spit it out. There are only two tastes that have ever made me feel so instantly sick– this, and a full strength saline laxative.

What was only a spoonful of this vile concoction nearly brought me to my knees with disgust. If that was not bad enough, my throat burned, my stomach burned, and I felt nauseous for the next hour. Later in the day, after I felt I had recovered, I tried to eat.

I got instant heartburn. Needless to say I do not recommend this to anyone, anywhere. While the three ingredients by themselves do have health values, this mixture

is just too gross to withstand.

It might be worth it if it worked– but it doesn’t. It is very counterintuitive anyway. Garlic and ginger are spices associated with with spicy foods.

What causes heartburn for many people? Spicy foods. Vinegar is acid, and while there are certain conditions where acids in the stomach are lacking and a vinegar treatment is helpful, most people with GERD have an irritated and sensitive esophagus. It’s like pouring gasoline on a fire.

I can’t see this helping anyone with serious symptoms. It might be worthy as a preventative, but as mentioned before, who can drink the stuff without wanting to jump off a bridge? If you have reflux symptoms serious enough to be seeking out these kinds of products, save your time and money and pass this one up.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347021414741228/k2311a027/2.7.11