Bones Television Show Season 6 Episode 11 “A Bullet in the Brain”
  • I love the combination of horror, gore, medicine and science as well as police work
  • I have always enjoyed the special effects in this show
  • They used some amazing special effects for a tv show
  • While this annoys me because I like a neatly wrapped package at the end of any show, they did a neat thing no one was expecting by just having the ending without a suspect being arrested

• by mamjess

I watch this show every week. I love the combination of horror, gore, medicine and science as well as police work. It is like a CSI episode but with less drama and humor. I actually prefer the Bones style of show to the CSI ones. I do watch CSI regularly but I find that Bones has so much more to offer.

In recent episodes we have been dealing with several themes. We have a newly married couple who are expecting a baby, Hodgens and Angela, a love triangle with Booth, Brennan and his girlfriend. So we have drama in every episode.

I have always enjoyed the special effects in this show.

They always show a dead body as that is what the show is about. The crew investigates deaths in each show and determines the cause of death and who did it. This one was a very different episode. We almost never see the person getting murdered and I was not expecting it at all. If I had not seen the preview I would never have guessed what was going to happen.

They did a great job of setting up the scene. You go a few minutes into the episode with the Grave Digger from past episodes being the central character, then bam out of no where her head explodes.

• I am not a huge gore fan and while I do watch most shows on my dvr I never rewind gore as I am not that big of a fan, but this scene blew my mind. I really have no idea how they did it. I watched this scene three times. They used some amazing special effects for a tv show. When her head explodes with the bullet it looks very real. I never see that kind of detail in tv.

The dialog and plot were the same in every episode. I enjoyed it as I always do. What also set this episode apart is it had no

substantial ending. Normally a case is wrapped up at the end of the show, but that did not happen. We are given 90% of the information. We think we know who killed her, but there is no arrest and he doesn’t confess. While this annoys me because I like a neatly wrapped package at the end of any show, they did a neat thing no one was expecting by just having the ending without a suspect being arrested. It was a brave move ending this way, but I did think it was a good choice. It left me wanting more and set this episode apart in my mind.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 107021414701228/k2311a027/2.7.11