Grilled tomato cheese sandwich recipe  » Recipes  »
  • The best part of this recipe is it looks like you spent a lot of time on it but the whole prep time is about 2 minutes, less if you buy pre sliced cheese
  • I recommend this to everyone, especially vegetarians

• by mamjess

This is the worlds easiest recipe. My review is a 10 for simplicity and flavor. The best part of this recipe is it looks like you spent a lot of time on it but the whole prep time is about 2 minutes, less if you buy pre sliced cheese. Cooking time is also about 2 minutes.

The ingredients: White bread of some sort, sourdough, french or plain white.

tomato of any type full fat mayonaise either fresh or dried

dill sliced cheese.

To make: Take the bread, spread it with mayonaise. Do not use light mayo as the taste will be effected. Sprinkle dill lightly over the mayonaise, top with cheese. Broil until cheese melts.

Tips: I typically use cheddar cheese with this recipe but you can switch up the flavor a lot by using other cheese. I have found cows milk cheeses over goat cheese tastes better. You want to thinly slice the cheese. You may ...

• use whatever type of bread you want, french and sourdough work very well if you are making appetizers. A thinly sliced loaf of any fresh bread works the best if you are trying to impress people.

My rating of a 10 is for the ease of this recipe. I have served it for dinner to my family many times. I have also served this many times as an appetizer and the guests all raved about it.

I did not tell them how easy it was or that it involved mayo.

This is also a great recipe for weeknights when you need something super fast. Most people will have all the ingredients needed in their house already. The dill is most likely the only item most people may not have in their house.

I recommend this to everyone, especially vegetarians. I first heard of this recipe from a vegetarian and it is one I serve if I do not know if my guests eat meat or not.

Ashiela N says :

Thank your for sharing this recipe, it sounds delicious. I am quite a big fan of cheese so will definite try it someday soon.

Arielqiao says :

How about add some other vegetables in the bread? I think it will also tastes good.

Tracy says :

Avocado is amazing in a grilled cheese sandwich Also grilled onions or eggplant tastes great too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 497021414661228/k2311a027/2.7.11