Cuisinart Sandwich Grill  » Housewares  »
  • There is definitely a quality problem with this grill

• by MisterTickle

The Cuisinart Sandwich Grill is like a clone of the Xtreme Ready Set Go. I have to say that this is a bit of the same thing. The price is roughly $35 so that’s why I got this grill. However, I am no satisfied with it even at this $35 price. I got it mainly because it seemed to be a good size and the price is right. I have a few things that I’m not satisfied with.

This sandwich grill is badly made. When I mean badly built, I mean that the materials used for the body isn’t great/ durable. The materials are quite simple and this grill can simply fall apart before you know it. There is definitely a quality problem with this grill.

According to the features, I was

told that this grill has non-stick grill plates and that it is a simple wipe to clean off the mess on the grill plates. Overall, I find that this is true. The plates are more or less non-stick. However, when I was using it, some cheese leaked out and went on the plates. It burned and that took a while to get off. Scraping will easily damage this non-stick plate. However, the overall non-stick feature is great.

The performance of this grill is pretty good. I can cook two sandwiches at a time. I put whatever I want in the sandwich and then plop it down in the grill. In a few minutes (usually 5 to 15 minutes), I can get my final product. I rarely get burnt bread, hardly ...

• ever I would say. These sandwiches are sealed; however, putting too much in the sandwiches will result with some sealing problems. The trick is to put just the right amount. Don’t put too much and don’t put too little. After getting the hang of it, it can get quite easy.

I would say that this grill is fool proof in the sense that there are very few buttons. There isn’t like a timer dial with a temperature control that are activated by the on/ off button and stuff like that. This grill is very simple. It has indicator lights showing that the grill is on and whether or not whatever is cooking is ready to eat.

This seems like a great product and everything with the low price and it’s

very stable. I say stable in the sense that this grill will cook my sandwiches just right. However, I would like one of these with more features and I can cook more than just one thing. I would like it if it came with more plates with different dividers so I can cook a number of things. It gives me more options unlike this grill. This grill is very basic with not a lot of features. I would say that this grill is good for maybe young teens that are constantly hungry. They can easily whip up a snack. This would also be great if you are kids. You can prepare and make your kids’ afternoon snack in a matter of minutes. However, for everyone else, it isn’t worth it.

Cuisinart Sandwich Grill

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537021414651228/k2311a027/2.7.11