Iams Puppy & Junior Complete Dry Dog Food  » Pets  »
0.5
  • Anyway, I was concerned about his loose bowel movements and I thought I would upgrade to a more expensive complete food so I bought some Iams, especially for puppies
  • Not ‘testing’ in the sense that animals have been fed the stuff, but they have actually been starved, overfed, had organs removed and eventually killed when they are used up - all in the name of creating the best food for them
  • If you would like to know more about this then I suggest you do your own research
  • For the sake of a more complete review though, I will say a little more about why I was so impressed that I wanted to bulk-buy Iams
  • When I first got Charlie I would give him fresh meat every day, along with his kibble, and I think he has come to expect a high meat content

• by jeanne71

I have a gorgeous 5 month old puppy who has been suffering with sloppy stools for a few weeks now, but apart from that, he is always in wonderful health. Anyway, I was concerned about his loose bowel movements and I thought I would upgrade to a more expensive complete food so I bought some Iams, especially for puppies. I was pleased that he absolutely loved it and responded to my putting the bowl on the floor with the same excitement as when I have given him fresh meat.

Obviously he can smell the high meat content of this food, as it contains a high proportion of dried chicken, rather than ‘animal derivatives’ (which means ‘various unpleasant body parts‘). After just one meal

of Iams, his stool was firmer.

So I was just about to bulk-buy a month’s supply of Iams when I did a little research on the internet and found out something that has made me never want to buy this stuff again. According to what information is out there, including what is provided by PETA, Iams has been formulated as a result of cruel, harmful and totally disgusting animal testing according to various websites.

Not ‘testing’ in the sense that animals have been fed the stuff, but they have actually been starved, overfed, had organs removed and eventually killed when they are used up - all in the name of creating the best food for them. Ridiculous! Dogs and cats have been ...

• treated like pieces of meat themselves in the formulated of this product and I find that shocking and utterly unnecessary.

If you would like to know more about this then I suggest you do your own research.

For the sake of a more complete review though, I will say a little more about why I was so impressed that I wanted to bulk-buy Iams.

I had previously been feeding Charlie some cheap complete dry food from Tesco together with various brands of canned food. Well, he has been so unexcited by the canned food, I think he can sense that it is not good quality.

When I put it down, he looks up at me as if to beg for something more appetizing.

I have tried him on all sorts of brands of canned food, but always the bog standard kind you get all supermarket shelves - Pedigree, Butchers etc.

I have thrown so much food away that he refuses to eat. When I first got Charlie I would give him fresh meat every day, along with his kibble, and I think he has come to expect a high meat content.

His nose tells him whether it is or not. So he loved the Iams and wolfed it all down with enthusiasm.

I will not be buying this again but I will certainly search for a complete dry food that is made by a company that does not deem it necessary to treat dogs and cats so cruelly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 297021414541128/k2311a027/2.7.11