Pugs for Pets  » Pets  »
  • If you are thinking about getting a Pug as a pet, I would like to let you know my personal experience
  • They have wrinkles on their face that need to be cleaned regularly to avoid infection, and their ears need to also be cleaned regularly for the same reason
  • He has completely impressed me with the way he is around small children
  • As far as temperment goes, I would highly recommend a Pug

• by Spopretto
      If you are thinking about getting a Pug as a pet, I would like to let you know my personal experience. We got our Pug Carl when he was a puppy of 8wks. He was cute and playful as a puppy.

It took about a month to crate train him, and potty train him. As a puppy he was well behaved, and lovable.

As he got older, he continued to be very playful- but then became rather messy. Pugs shed a lot and are

very messy eaters.

They have wrinkles on their face that need to be cleaned regularly to avoid infection, and their ears need to also be cleaned regularly for the same reason. If they are not bathed on a regular basis they can become smelly.

If these things to do not bother you, then a pug just may be the perfect pet for you. They are very friendly, and I have never worried about him intentionally hurting one of my children.

When I got pregnant ...

• with my first child, Carl was about 1 year old. I was concerned that he would be clumsy around the baby, and not very careful.

He has completely impressed me with the way he is around small children. He doesn’t jump up on babies, and keeps a reasonable distance.

He does sometimes jump up on older children, but always in a playful way. He is great around other animals- cats and dogs alike.

He loves to play with dogs bigger and smaller than he

is, and hasn’t hurt any other animal. As far as temperment goes, I would highly recommend a Pug.

As far as cleanliness goes, my recommendation goes down greatly. I have a tendency to be a messy person, and therefore it is not a good idea for me to have a messy pet.

If you are a fairly clean person, then you would have no trouble keeping up with the minor messes that Pugs make. I hope this helps in your quest for a new pet.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292703141440431/k2311a0327/3.27.07