Boulder Football Themed 9″ Square Paper Plates (Eight Pack)  » Housewares  »
  • Slipping a napkin underneath the paper plate solved the minor problem completely
  • Almost ten football-themed paper plates for under a dollar wasn't a bad deal in my opinion and although I can get more paper plates for a little more money and enjoy a better deal, I wanted something special to use on the night of the Super Bowl and that's precisely what I got

• by CirclingCanvas

The Boulder Football Themed 9″ Square Paper Plates came eight to a pack for ninety-nine cents. I don’t quite understand the reasoning behind making these paper plates square, but they are. These paper plates, along with the Boulder Football Themed Paper Napkins, caught my eye when I was out picking up snacks for the 2011 Super Bowl. The attractiveness of both the napkins and the paper plates convinced me right then and there to pick up three packs of each. I felt they were perfect for the Super Bowl party because I didn’t have any football-themed paper plates or napkins, but now I did! These paper plates were very fitting to be used while watching the Super Bowl because of how they were designed. Aside from the squarish shape, they very much resembled a

football. The reddish-brown color was there, the white threads the curve down the middle, and so on. Boy were people surprised when I pulled these paper plates out! Everybody took notice and the paper plates were the recipients of positive comments. Fortunately, the paper plates not only looked attractive, but they also performed pretty well during the big game.

These paper plates did a pretty good job holding pizza, chicken, snacks, dessert and more. A little grease from the pizza could be seen underneath the paper plates, but it was barely noticeable on the palm of a person’s hand. Slipping a napkin underneath the paper plate solved the minor problem completely. The size of the paper plates wasn’t a problem. Nine inches was sufficient for pizza, boneless chicken tenderloins, chips, pretzels and other stuff, but ...

• not all at once, of course! I used the same paper plate for stuff that I wanted repeatedly, going from chips to chicken to pizza. I got a new paper plate for dessert though since by that time, it was a bit greasy and messy. Like most paper plates, it’s crucial to carry it either with both hands or have the paper plate centered on one’s palm, unless you’ve got something really light on the paper plate, like chips, which obviously won’t cause the paper plate to bend. The paper plates were a bit flimsy, but no more so than the average paper plate. It’s not like these were foam plates, which tend to be thicker and firmer. Still, we had no problems with the paper plates.

The Boulder Football Themed 9″ Square Paper Plates

were nice to have for the big game. It was odd at first eating off of a square paper plate, but it didn’t take long to get used to it. It was fun having football-themed paper plates on the night of the Super Bowl and I plan on buying them again come next football season since the paper plates held up just fine as the night went on and different foods, snacks and desserts were put on them. Almost ten football-themed paper plates for under a dollar wasn’t a bad deal in my opinion and although I can get more paper plates for a little more money and enjoy a better deal, I wanted something special to use on the night of the Super Bowl and that’s precisely what I got. I’m giving these paper plates a “10″ rating.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 537021414131128/k2311a027/2.7.11