Disney Cars Booster Seat  » Other  »
2.5
  • It (the cover) is bright and colourful and will definitely capture a child’s eye
  • I know some children usually have a problem sitting in a booster seat as (they can’t understand why they have to sit on them while adults don’t)
  • It costs around £18.99, which is a bit expensive for a booster seat in my opinion
  • I think that with this seat, you are basically paying for the novelty rather than quality
  • I would not really recommend this seat, I would prefer a cheaper seat which is just as good and at half the price

• by tolstoy

These days, it is a law that children must be in a booster seat until age 12 or until they attain a height of 150cm. Sinc my 8 year old brother is neither, he usually sits in the booster seat when riding in the car. The one I got for him is the Cars booster seat. It is a standard booster seat without a back and is therefore not suitable for babies or toddlers since they require a more secure setup than this. The age designation for this kind of seat is 4-12 years with a maximum weight of 15.36kg. It has been approved and it conforms to the required standrds. It is the correct height and therefore the diagonal seatbelts fit correctly and safety is maximised.

The seat is completely black in colour and it has two small plastic handles at the back which can be used to hold the seat while carrying it around. They can also be used by the child to manoeuvre themselves onto the seat to get themselves into a comfortable position.

The seat has a cotton cover which has a huge colourful picture of Lightning McQueen, the main character from the Disney Pixar film “Cars” . It (the

cover) is bright and colourful and will definitely capture a child’s eye. I know some children usually have a problem sitting in a booster seat as (they can’t understand why they have to sit on them while adults don’t). A fun seat such as this one can get rid of these problems; they are happy to own their own Lightning McQueen seat. At least my brother was.

The cushioned cover is easily removable and can therefore be washed as as needed. This is good since it tends to get grubby very easily. It also has a nice padding (which is 100% polyester) so it does not get uncomfortable for the child. The seat has a plastic base that usually just needs a wipe down to clean. The whole thing is therefore pretty child-friendly when it comes to cleaning. The seat is made of a lightweight plastic. However, despite this fact it does ot look or feel cheap at all. The fact that it is lightweight is advantageous to me because I usually have to regularly move the booster seat from car to car, and doing so doesn’t take a lot of effort. The booster seat is designed to fit into any make of car.

I ...

• got the seat from Argos, though it is available from many different stores including Boots, Tescos and many online stores. It costs around £18.99, which is a bit expensive for a booster seat in my opinion. There are other kinds of booster seats that are much cheaper than this. This is a basic seat with no extras so at that price it does seem a tad overpriced in my opinion. I think that with this seat, you are basically paying for the novelty rather than quality.

Aside from the safety issue, a seat such as this always comes in handy for long car journeys. This is because it means that the children have a better view out of car windows and are therefore less likely to get bored since they have more to see. The seat is designed more for boys than girls, but if you have a girly girl, they make other novelty seats in the range (such as Disney Princess and Toy Story) if Cars doesn’t appeal to them.

Another problem you may have with this seat is that since it is basically a novelty seat, the novelty eventually will wear off as they get older, and some children may soon find this

seat too childlike and may require a more ‘grown up’ seat. This means that you may end up having to replace this seat at some point.

Generally, my brother loved this seat, but I think it is now starting to seem a bit childish for him and I see myself forking money out for a new one very soon. It is a good seat to have if you usually have trouble getting your kid to sit in booster seats, but I find it a bit overpriced and frankly isn’t the best quality you can get.

In terms of quality it is perfectly reasonable, and it does its intended job, but at the end of the day you are just paying for the Disney make. There are much cheaper seats out there and most of them are at the same level with this one in terms of quality, just without the pretty picture on it. I would not really recommend this seat, I would prefer a cheaper seat which is just as good and at half the price. This is a good novelty seat that your child sure will love, but it simply isn’t worth paying extra for. I would describe it as OK, but not great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 127021413821028/k2311a027/2.7.11