Bob Martin Flea Shampoo  » Pets  »
  • She had started itching more than she normally did so I decided to get her a flea shampoo treatment
  • On first application, I noticed that it lathered very well
  • With the Bob Martins Shampoo, though, it didn’t take much to cover her completely and I found this very impressive
  • A 250ml bottle of the shampoo cost me £3.23
  • I was very impressed with this shampoo and rest assured I will continue to use it for the foreseeable the future

• by tolstoy

I have had my dog for about a year now and I never used flea treatments on her until a few months ago. She had started itching more than she normally did so I decided to get her a flea shampoo treatment. One of my friends recommended Bob Martins flea shampoo on the dog. They always used it on their dog and didn’t have any problems with it.

Till this point, I had never come across the Bob Martin product range of pet treatments. The range is very extensive; they manufacture all sorts of sprays and shampoos. I decided to get their basic flea shampoo. On first application, I noticed that it lathered very well. I have tried other shampoos on her but most of them never lathered up well so I usually

end up using up even up to half a bottle on her on just one bath just to make sure the whole of her body was covered (she is a huge dog). With the Bob Martins Shampoo, though, it didn’t take much to cover her completely and I found this very impressive.

The smell didn’t impress me much, but fortunately it soon faded and the dog didn’t seem bothered by it at all. I can only describe it as a clinical smell, I found it very strong (which put me off) but fortunately it didn’t last long and didn’t leave a nasty smell on her afterwards. Just don’t be too liberal when applying it.

A 250ml bottle of the shampoo cost me £3.23. It is not what you would call widely available,

• and I purchased mine from the internet. However, I am meant to understand that the range is very well known, and I am sure it can be easily found in specialist pet stores. At the price I paid for it, I have found this shampoo to be very good value for money.

My dogs coat had a nice shine and softness to it after using the shampoo. It did not leave it dry (or greasy) and my dog did not itch as much as she had previously. Mind you she was still scratching more than I like, but I have used the shampoo a number of times ever since she seems to get better each time I use shampoo. Usually she has slight skin irritation and I have to be very careful

what products I use on her in case this irritates her skin even more. The Bob Martins Shampoo, however, didn’t have this sort of negative effect at all. It comes packaged in a plastic recyclable bottle with a white screw cap. The shampoo is suitable for puppies or dogs older than 12 weeks old.

I was very impressed with this shampoo and rest assured I will continue to use it for the foreseeable the future. It is priced well and gets the job done. It leaves my dogs coat with a healthy shine, it does not irritate her skin and seems to reduce her scratching. This flea shampoo comes with a high recommendation from me and since I found it to work well, I will sure try other products in the range.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 297021413561028/k2311a027/2.7.11