Everlast Ankle Weights  » Health  »
  • On searching Amazon, I found some Everlast ones at an OK price
  • This, I think, is essential if running in them at night
  • On removing them after exercise, I was happy to find that neither my ankles or wrists felt sweaty, so obviously their claims (that the interior material absorbs sweat) wasn't false
  • For that reason, I would recommend these weights for any lady on a fitness regime

• by tolstoy

Recently, I was chatting with friends about my desire to get more fit, and I described to them some of the exercises I normally do at home. Some of them told me that they did the same, but they use ankle and wrist weights to make their muscles work harder and they recommended that I do the same.. I figured it was worth a shot because if my muscles would be worked even harder, hopefully I see results quicker.

On searching Amazon, I found some Everlast ones at an OK price. They are available in weights of 2lb, 3lb and 5lb, I opted for the middle ground (3lb). The weights are represented by different colours (pink, green and

blue, with mine being green).

The weights are designed with women in mind, so I was certain that they wouldn’t be too heavy, at least for me. I was, however, concerned about their size. I happen to have tiny wrists and ankles; they approach child size. I was hopeful that they would be adjustable and could be tightened to suit all sizes. I shouldn’t have worried, though, because the velcro strapping tightened securely even around my small wrists and ankles and they felt very secure, so I was assured that they wouldn’t move about during exercise.

I was very surprised at how comfortable they felt. I had been expecting them to be a bit harsh but as the ...

• saying goes - no pain, no gain! However, they were nothing of the sort, they felt very comfortable. They have a terycloth inside which they claim absorbs moisture and is isn’t abrasive to the skin.

They have what I would call a safety feature: they have a reflective trim so that they are visible at night. This, I think, is essential if running in them at night.

In terms of price, they seemed to be well in line if not slightly cheaper than other brands, at least on the internet. They ranged from £9.36 to £12.30 for a set of two depending on size weight.

On removing them after exercise, I was happy to find that neither my ankles

or wrists felt sweaty, so obviously their claims (that the interior material absorbs sweat) wasn’t false.

I have to say I recommend these weights; they are very versatile and can be used when doing a wide variety of exercises. I carried on with my normal exercise regime while using these weights, and my muscles felt like they had been worked harder afterwards. I have continued to use since then. I think it’s too early to tell if there has been a solid improvement as far as toning my body is concerned, but as of now I firmly believe they will accelerate my goals. For that reason, I would recommend these weights for any lady on a fitness regime

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 347021413551028/k2311a027/2.7.11