Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials Deodorant  » Cosmetics  »
  • I find a scent that I like, and it doesn't last all day, or it stains my clothes, or it beads up into white residue despite that adamant, obnoxious, classic assurance that it won't
  • It has a very refreshing scent, which I love, though I can't quite name it
  • It's starting to act a little bit more like the old deodorants I thought I had gotten away from

• by Laura Gordon

No matter what deodorant I use, it never quite seems to do the trick like I would like it to. I find a scent that I like, and it doesn’t last all day, or it stains my clothes, or it beads up into white residue despite that adamant, obnoxious, classic assurance that it won’t. I hate all of these things.

My sister recommended that I try Dove Clinical Protection deodorant. For

her, it had proved superior to others. So I gladly followed the suggestion.

The weird thing about this deodorant is that the directions say to apply it at night. I’m not sure how this works, except that this is supposed to give it time to ’set’, somehow, but it seems strange to me for two reasons: one, it would just feel weird, and I don’t know if I could ever get used to it or get in the habit of putting on deodorant at night – but two, because I’m just going to shower in the morning. My sister says it does work better if applied at night, but so far I have just used it like a normal deodorant.

I like this deodorant for a few reasons. It has a very refreshing scent, which I love, though I can’t quite name it.

• Dove Clinical Protection Cool Essentials Deodorant
      I also like that it seems to last longer than other deodorants. I don’t have to worry about having to reapply it when I go somewhere in the evening. The other plus is that it doesn’t seem to stain my clothes as much, which is great. It gets old treating stains every time I do laundry.

The weird thing that I’m finding at this point is that it doesn’t seem to

be lasting as long as when I first started using it. It’s starting to act a little bit more like the old deodorants I thought I had gotten away from. By the end of the day, I’m not as fresh as I was in the early stages of my trial. I’m not sure what that’s all about, but it is still a superior deodorant as far as all my concerns.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316021413191028/k2311a026/2.6.11