Movie: High School Musical  » Movies  »
  • I love the fact this is a musical about making a musical
  • What really impressed me is none of the musical numbers seemed forced
  • I even have to say the acting was much more impressive than I thought it would be
  • Normally, I have to be a bit more open minded when it comes to younger actors but the entire cast did a fantastic job in my opinion
  • But, it is upbeat enough with just enough entertainment where I would definitely recommend it to adults as well

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: A high school boy and girl from two different backgrounds and with different interests land lead roles in the school’s musical production and fall in love with each other; only to find prejudice from their friends threatens both to keep them apart from each other and keep them from pursuing their musical dreams. What I liked about this movie: I love the fact this is a musical about making a musical.

The song and dance numbers throughout the

movie manage to keep the film upbeat and, unlike many other films, even manages to tell the story a bit.

What really impressed me is none of the musical numbers seemed forced.

They fit in perfectly and it is easy at times not to realize they are doing a musical number.

That is extremely impressive for something that ultimately is a made-for-TV movie.

I even have to say the acting was much more impressive than I thought it would ...

• be.

Normally, I have to be a bit more open minded when it comes to younger actors but the entire cast did a fantastic job in my opinion.

What I didn’t like about this movie: The film relies a bit too much on stereotypes for me.

Jocks, for example, apparently still can’t be smart or have interests outside of sports and the brainy girl apparently can’t be popular.

Also, like most movies like this, the plot is very similar

to many others that are out there; at least when it comes to the love story.

They hate each other, they fall in love, they hate each other again (or one of them hates the other one at least) and then fall in love at the end.

I’ve seen it before.

My Final Opinion: A lot of people might think this is a film just for kids.

But, it is upbeat enough with just enough entertainment where I would definitely recommend it to adults as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 116021413181028/k2311a026/2.6.11