Walls Classic Sausages  » Food  »
  • However, I recently noticed on offer some Walls sausages so thought I would give these a go for a change
  • Even as I removed the packaging, I could tell these were going to be higher quality sausages than what we have been used to, and you could tell when they were being cooked that they were going to be very delicious
  • These are more expensive, but I think this proves you do pay for quality
  • These sausages taste amazing and even if I am trying to save some pennies, I have resolved to now buy these in the future because after trying these, the Tesco ones just don't cut it and I doubt I will be able to go back to using these after trying the Walls ones
  • They are very succulent and tasty and though there are cheaper ones on the market, I would recommend these on basis of their quality

• by tolstoy

In light of the current econimic state, I am constantly trying to save as much money as I can, so I tend to buy the cheapest of everything, including sausages. In this regard, I generally purchase Tescos own brand. However, I recently noticed on offer some Walls sausages so thought I would give these a go for a change.

The offer was 12 classic pork sausages for £2.00 (when they normally retail at £3.00 per pack). Even at the offer price, they were still more expensive than the Tescos own brand, but I have to admit they looked far more appetizing.

These sausages are found in the chilled meats section of most supermarkets and they are wrapped

in a cellophane wrapper bearing the Walls logo.

Even as I removed the packaging, I could tell these were going to be higher quality sausages than what we have been used to, and you could tell when they were being cooked that they were going to be very delicious.

The Tescos ones never had much of a smell to them when being cooked, whereas the Walls sausages had very distinctive smell to them that left my mouth watering.

I wasn’t disappointed. The Walls sausages were miles ahead in terms of taste in comparison to my normal sausage. They were very tasty and really succulent and actually tasted of sausage, which I have to admit the Tesco ones ...

• never did.

These are more expensive, but I think this proves you do pay for quality. They aren’t as thick as Tescos, but are around the same length (around 4-5 inches per sausages) and around an inch thick. They cook beautifully and look very appetizing once done with a lovely golden brown skin.

The Walls sausages are free from artificial colours and flavous. (Though for any allergy sufferers, they do contain gluten, wheat and soybeans)

A serving contains:- Calories - 136 Sugar - 1g Fat - 9g Saturates - 4g Salt - 1.0g

These don’t contain a lot of sugar and salt which is encouraging, though they are quite fatty. But then, sausages, in general do tend to

be fatty. You can reduce your fat intake by grilling them instead of frying, or by using olive oil instead of normal oil.

These sausages taste amazing and even if I am trying to save some pennies, I have resolved to now buy these in the future because after trying these, the Tesco ones just don’t cut it and I doubt I will be able to go back to using these after trying the Walls ones. The Walls ones taste like real sausages and are close to those you would get in butchers in terms of quality. They are very succulent and tasty and though there are cheaper ones on the market, I would recommend these on basis of their quality. Two thumbs up from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 276021413061028/k2311a026/2.6.11