Breville VTT001 Toaster  » Housewares  »
  • When I first moved into my house a few years ago, I bought the cheapest appliances since money was a bit hard to come by
  • Breville is an established brand and this model was priced moderately, which explains why I decided to get it
  • The Breville, however, has no such problem
  • I know this isn't the cheapest on the market by far, but for such an established brand as Breville, I think this is relatively cheap
  • If you are interested in a two slice toaster, I recommend that you consider this one

• by tolstoy

When I first moved into my house a few years ago, I bought the cheapest appliances since money was a bit hard to come by. As time has gone by, however, I have come to replac most items since they have either broken down or become too worn for use. At some point I needed to get myself a toaster and since most of the appliances in my kitchen are made of silver, I figured I should get a chrome one to match. I finally opted to get the Breville VTT001 toaster since it was made of chrome and had a unique design which appealed to me. Breville is an established brand and this model was priced moderately, which explains why I decided to get it.

It is a two-slice toaster though a four slice toaster is

available. One of my friends had one and I really liked its design. One of the first things that caught my attention was the width of its toast slots. My older toaster had thin slots so in case one wanted to toast thick slices bread, it was nearly impossible to get the bread in without it breaking it up. The Breville, however, has no such problem: the slots are wide enough even for very thick slices of bread. The toaster costs £19.99. I know this isn’t the cheapest on the market by far, but for such an established brand as Breville, I think this is relatively cheap. As it was quite cheap, I never expected it to have a lot in terms of features, but it did more than I had expected of it.

Some of its ...

• features are: defrost, reheat, mid-cycle cancel and extra high lift (so one can remove the toast easily without burning themselves). It also has the browning control dial so you can control how well done you want your toast to get. The most unique feature of the toaster is in the top of the toaster. The slots are slanted, which is pretty useless on a toaster but it makes the toaster look a bit more stylish. The toaster is easily cleaned; a quick wipe over is enough. It comes with a crumb tray which is easy to empty and creates very little of a mess.

The Breville toaster can be bought from electricals stores such as Currys and Comet, as well as online in stores such as Amazon.com. Generally I must admit I have massively impressed by this

toaster and would very happily recommend it. I have not had any reliability issues with it and I find that it is a very functional toaster that is easy to use and also looks very stylish.

In the past, I have had issues with different kinds of toasters whereby they did not brown the toast evenly, but I have never had such trouble with this one. It always produces evenly cooked toast, just the way I want it. It also has good aesthetic value; it looks good in the kitchen due to its quirky style. Most importantly, however, it does a good job and at a pretty good price. If you are interested in a two slice toaster, I recommend that you consider this one. It does all you need a toaster to do, and then some.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 536021412830928/k2311a026/2.6.11