Jungle Formula Bite and Sting Relief Spray  » Health  »
  • Normally, I only buy insect repellant but I found this on offer together with a bite and sting spray
  • When I applied this spray on my brother, one of the first things that I noticed was its smell, which was very potent
  • It left a nasty smell on the skin, though once applied and dried the smell was not as strong as it had been initially and definitely wasn't as bad as I first thought
  • In my opinion this spray helped minimize scarring too
  • I think this is a wonderful product to take with on holiday especially to tropical countries

• by tolstoy

I took my younger brother abroad for the first time last year. Since he’s only 9 years old, I made sure I carried a first aid kit, some sun cream and bite spray just in case. Normally, I only buy insect repellant but I found this on offer together with a bite and sting spray. I’ve never considered a bite relief spray before, but being as overprotective as I am, I figured that a cure would be just as useful as a prevention method, in the event the mosquitos happen to get through the repellent.

I opted for the Jungle Formula range since I have seen them on commercials before and their packaging looks pretty decent.

I also find them well priced. As fate would have it this spray did come in quite handy. For most of the family, the insect repellent worked pretty well, but the mosquitos managed to get through to my brother and my aunt so the spray was very handy. Since the repellent did not work well for them, I wondered if this spray would be of any help, but I shouldn’t have worried since it worked wonderfully on both of them.

When I applied this spray on my brother, one of the first things that I noticed was its smell, which was very potent. It left a nasty smell on the skin, though once applied and dried the smell was not as strong as it had been initially and definitely wasn’t as bad as I first thought.

It did not make the bites go away (they remained for a few days) but it did make my brother and aunt feel a bit more comfortable with them. This spray stopped the bites from ruining our holiday since they both had lots of very itchy bites that caused them quite a bit of discomfort. It didn’t provide relief immediately, but it wasn’t very long before the itching reduced notecably. It didn’t provide complete relief, but made a very big difference. Since my brother didn’t itch as much, he did not break his skin ...

• Jungle Formula Bite and Sting Relief Spray
      over the bites. In my opinion this spray helped minimize scarring too; I believe he would have had more of that if he itched a lot.

The spray is readily available in most supermarkets and chemists and it is usually found in the suncream aisle. The products are reasonably priced; one can get a can of this spray for about £3.98 which in my opinion is very good value for money. Even when used regularly, this spray lasts long. It comes in a 50ml aerosol can which is easily recognizable on account of its blue can with white plastic lid. The spray comes out the can as a mist so it doesn’t make a mess

on application. However, you need to take the usual precautions associated with such products (avoiding eyes and mouths etc.)

I was very impressed with this spray. It provided a lot of relief to my brother and aunt during the holiday. It smells really bad, but that fades a while after application. It certainly doesn’t provide a cure, but it really makes one feel more comfortable, especially if you you are bitten a lot. It can also be used on stings.

Some of the ingredients of the spray are menthol and bisabolol which cool and soothe the skin, which this spray does well. I think this is a wonderful product to take with on holiday especially to tropical countries.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 346021412800928/k2311a026/2.6.11