Samsung Blackjack 2
0.5
  • I am completely disappointed with the quality of the phone, and its functionality
  • The phone also began to have a software problem, where it locked itself, and the only way you could unlock it was by taking out the battery

• by Stuart

To describe the Samsung Blackjack 2 in one word, it would be: horrendous. This phone is an absolute disaster. Even though it is touted as an excellent smartphone. I am completely disappointed with the quality of the phone, and its functionality.

First of all, it was broken from day one. I took it out of the packaging, charged it and followed all the instructions correctly. Then I connected to my computer hoping to update the already outdated Windows Mobile operating system. But this was not possible because for some reason the

connecting port on the phone wouldn’t allow this. But the phone could charge.

I spent a lot of time searching every single possible possibility as to why it would not work. I went to forums, Samsungs site, tech websites, and I even called Samsungs tech support, and they were no help at all. So I simply gave up on that, and decided that I could live without

But after this the phone started to have more problems. Such as dust collecting underneath the screen. This wasn’t a big deal, except ...

• that I have to routinely take the phone apart, which voided the warranty, to clean underneath the screen so I could see.

The phone also began to have a software problem, where it locked itself, and the only way you could unlock it was by taking out the battery. Which was very irritating, and could prove a problem in an emergency.

Eventually the phones charging port went bad, and the port came loose from the circuit board, making it difficult to charge. At first it wasn’t much of a problem,

just some wiggling and it would be fine. But it started to get worse, where I would have to spend a few minutes playing with it so it would connect enough to charge. Eventually the port came completely off of the circuit board.

So now I am stuck with a $250 phone, that I can’t use. I can’t return it, because the warranty expired. I can’t sell it, because it has no use. All I do it either throw it at a wall or keep it. Take my advice, don’t buy it.

Samsung Blackjack 2

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 376021412550928/k2311a026/2.6.11