Miami International Airport
1640 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126
  • I will be the first to admit that I got very confused when I flew out of Miami by myself for the first time

• by sarahdragon26

When it comes to airports, I’ve been to some really big and really small ones, but there is one that has always stuck out as one of the busiest and biggest airports I’ve ever been in. Miami International Airport. I didn’t fly out of Miami much because of the fact that I lived and my relatives lived much closer to Ft. Lauderdale International Airport, so it was a rare occasion when I did fly out of here or pick anyone up from there.

Most of the airports I’ve been to have been International or at least they have been called International, but there are few who have the amount of airplane travel then Miami International has. It’s the hub between the USA and South America, so I remember seeing a great deal of Spanish names on airplanes and people speaking Spanish, which isn’t really much of a change to the

way Miami is now. I will be the first to admit that I got very confused when I flew out of Miami by myself for the first time. It’s an incredibly busy airport and people are running to catch their flights, most not paying any attention to where they are going. Sometimes, I felt like I was at an amusement park and people were rushing to get to rides instead of airplanes.

There are several terminals and concourses, all for different airlines and international flights, so I was having a hard time finding my own flight. I was given directions by an airport employee, which took me to the international terminal, which was not where I was going. I finally made it to my flight area after looking at all of the signs and codes for which direction to walk in. I liked the space and the largeness of the ...

• airport, but I was feeling very overwhelmed by the incorrect directions and the masses of people, since it was a place I was not used to.

The airport itself has gotten better over the years. It recently within the last few years had an overhaul, fixing electronically and other problems within the buildings. And I have to admit, it looks much better, but maybe that’s because it’s been a few years since I’ve been inside of it, instead of just driving past it. It’s still the busy hub of airlines it has always been, but my son was in awe at the mass amounts of them. We were picking up a relative and my son was glued to the glass windows as he watched planes take off and land.

Years ago, when my mom and I were picking my aunt who was flying into Miami, we had no idea, that

at the time we were actually in the main terminal waiting for my aunt’s plane to arrive; in another area, the Miami International Airport scene in Home Alone 2 was being filmed. There were no announcements, just that one section of the airport had been closed for a few hours. That isn’t something that is unusual, so we didn’t think twice about it.

In all, it is an airport that provides a great deal of entertainment to my son as we drive past it on our way to Miami, but there is one thing you need to aware for the future. If you are traveling to Miami International Airport, be cautious and careful. Traffic down there is a nightmare. I let my husband drive and they are redoing all of the roads for the next two to three years, so give yourself some time to get the airport and be prepared for backups.

Miami International Airport

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 404021412161228/k2311a024/2.4.11