Zen Series M 30gb Mp3 Player  » Electronics  »
  • Amazingly enough, I found an interesting MP3 player at Best Buy five years ago and I’ve had it ever since
  • The Series M is a Creative company creation and I love it

• by sarahdragon26

In the long history of Mp3 players, I always searched for a good one. I had no desire to join the mass amounts of people jumping into the IPods, so I looked for something different. Amazingly enough, I found an interesting MP3 player at Best Buy five years ago and I’ve had it ever since. And it’s still working.

I was a little iffy about buying a product that I had not heard of before, but I was willing to try it for the sake of not being an IPod person. The Series M is a Creative company creation and

I love it. I can upload pictures, movies, music, etc, as long as it doesn’t go over 30gb. It’s great to have in the car on long trips and I can even plug it into the my car stereo, so I can play the music from there.

And this mp3 Player has stood the test of time for me. I take it out with me when I’m riding my bike or walking or vacationing, and I have dropped it many, many times. The case is cracked and broken on the outside, but inside, everything works like new. Sadly, a few months ago, I was cleaning and dropped it on my tile floor, breaking the screen. The screen is LED, so on one side of the crack was the picture and on the other was nothing. I was VERY lucky to find a place in China that made these screens and was able to purchased one for a much better price then it would be to have Creative fix it. I replaced the screen myself and it still works like new. I was looking on Ebay for a replacement screen and was floored to see how much people were charging. It ...

• Zen Series M 30gb Mp3 Player
      was outrageous. And the battery recharges just by putting it’s USB cord into any computer and all you have do to do is wait two or three hours for it to charge all the way.

While listening to music, it can last 5 to 6 hours sometimes, but that can be shorter if you’re watching movies which takes up more power. After all I put this poor Mp3 player through, it still works and that’s a great product to me.

One thing that does annoy me is, when I first got this I had Windows XP and the MP3 player

came with a disc to upload a special program to load and unload files into the player. When Vista came out, they had a compatible version for that, but nothing for Windows 7. Even with compatibly mode, it doesn’t run that great, so I just do the normal copy and paste routine. It doesn’t take away from the enjoyment it provides.

I can’t speak for other Creative products, but this one is one of the great MP3 players out there and for the simple reason that it can take a lick and keep on ticking, while still working like new.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164021412151228/k2311a024/2.4.11