Oregon Scientific Weather Station
  • I like putting things together and the basic structure of the weather station was easy
  • It’s not always right, but it’s an interesting electronic toy
  • In all, I am very impressed with the station

• by sarahdragon26

I was honestly surprised when my husband got this for Christmas. Weather stations can be very expensive and this one was right in the category. I had not thought about all that went into putting one together and making sure everything on the electronic gadgets and screens would be working properly.

I like putting things together and the basic structure of the weather station was easy. Setting up features on the electronic screen was a little more difficult as well as finding a place to accurately collect the data in our backyard. I

had to hook it up to my computer and download the exact location of our house, and then wait 24 hours for the weather station outside to sink to the screen inside as well as the time and everything else inbetween.

One of things that made me the happiest about this weather station was that we plug it in. No batteries are need, inside or outside. We had a weather station that only told of the temperature inside and outside and it barely worked properly. We had to fight with it a lot to get it to work right. And we spent a lot of money on batteries . So, it was a welcomed relief to see that all we had to do was plug this weather station in and it took care of itself. And this new weather station had many added options to it. You could see the temperature inside and outside, the wind speed, how rain was collected in 24 hours, and based on atmosphere conditions, it would say what we could see in a few hours. It’s not always right, but it’s ...

• Oregon Scientific Weather Station
      an interesting electronic toy.

One thing that I have been bugging my husband about, is that he needs to find a better place for it. It’s not overly large, but he placed right in the middle of our backyard and the supports are right in the way when we want to play out there. At first, I didn’t think the supports were needed, then we had a really bad rain storm with strong winds. The wind gauge moved as it was supposed to, but the rest remained perfectly still. I was glad we

secured it down.

In all, I am very impressed with the station. We even have the ability to plug the electronic screen into the computers and see how the weather has changed and what it has done thou graphics, tables, etc. The system came with a instructions on a program to upload that will register and calculate everything once it’s plugged it and make it look fancy. I really liked it and it helps me plan my day in the ways of temperature and what the weather might be like in a few hours.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 164021412141228/k2311a024/2.4.11