John Banville: The Sea. A Book  » Books  »
  • This book is one of those books that I enjoy to an extent but do not read very often
  • The best thing about this book is the magnificant prose that the author incorportaes into the novel
  • I would recommend it for those who enjoy good prose, but on that note would suggest renting it from the library before purchasing
  • I think that if I would have had a choice I would have opted to simply rent the book from the library instead of owning it

• by webgirl40

I recieved this book from my sister several years ago becuase I greatly like prose. To give a bit of information this book deals with the lead character named Mac Mordon. Mr. Mordon has recently lost his wife to cancer and this book deals with his loss and the emotional feelings and mental feelings that his healing entails. This book is one of those books

that I enjoy to an extent but do not read very often.

The best thing about this book is the magnificant prose that the author incorportaes into the novel. There are some parts that are just so beautifully that to me it was like the author was singing the words to me. The prose is very descriptive and the author does a fanastic job of using adjectives and adverbs that catch the reader off guard but that capture the readers attention at the same time. The best thing about the prose to me was that it really helped soften the plot a great deal. The reason I say this is because the plot in this book is really really sad and depressing and can start to be over done. There ...

• John Banville: The Sea. A Book
      were quite a few times that this novel was just so depressing that I had to quit reading it. I only finished the book because the prose was so good. If it had not been for the prose I probably would not have gotten half way through the novel.

Overall I think this is a decent book. I would recommend it for those who enjoy good

prose, but on that note would suggest renting it from the library before purchasing. The plot is way dramatic and really very hard to deal with. I think that if I would have had a choice I would have opted to simply rent the book from the library instead of owning it. However, as it was a gift I cannot really get rid of it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 174021411751228/k2311a024/2.4.11