Game: Sonic Adventure for Xbox 360 Arcade  » Games  »
  • This, in addition to the fact that the game was 50% off when I bought it, is what persuaded me to download this title when I did
  • I didn't need to do the trial game because I knew how great I thought this game was, and being an Arcade title it must have improved in some ways, right
  • I must admit however, that I am not completely disappointed with this game

• by Evan_Dood

Sonic Adventure for the Xbox Live Arcade is a classic title, one that many people my age grew up with and will undoubtedly look upon with a great amount of nostalgia. This, in addition to the fact that the game was 50% off when I bought it, is what persuaded me to download this title when I did. I didn’t need to do the trial game because I knew how great I thought this game was, and being an Arcade title it must have improved in some ways, right?

Well, not exactly.

Sure, it’s the exact same game but with sharpened graphics and the addition of leaderboards and achievements, but other than that… It’s the exact same game. The story of this

game is that Dr. Robotnik is once again up to no good, this time using a strange liquid creature named Chaos to attempt to control Station Square. Chaos appropriately feeds off of Chaos Emeralds, and as such it’s up to Sonic and Friends to get to the emeralds before the Eggman (Robotnik) does.

Let me start off by saying that this game when it game out was wonderful. But that was back when the Sega Dreamcast was just coming out. This was considered a great game not only for its story, but also for the fact that Sonic was now in awesome 3-D and there were so many new things to do and characters to use in the Sonic Universe. But now,

• in 2010, you would expect a little more from a game. The only major difference between this game and its older version is the enhanced graphics, which even then aren’t all that noticeable. I ran into many more glitches than I have ever run into in a game such as this before, and they were all from just the main character’s storyline. It feels as though the Xbox crew got the idea to port this game, ported it, and released it all within the span of about a few weeks. The seemingly idiotic camera angles also add to the mayhem, and while being a staple in the dreamcast-era should have been fixed for a remake such as this.

I must admit however,

that I am not completely disappointed with this game. I loved revisiting old memories, and I don’t mind the achievement points either! The Chao garden is still as fun as it was in the first game (a little place where you raise cute little characters to fight and race) and the levels aren’t bad. In the end, I’ll just say that if you don’t mind falling through the ground once every few stages, and you can deal with Nintendo-64-like camera angles and very bad voice acting, this game should be pretty good for you. It’s literally exactly the same as the original, so take that how you like. I’m just glad I didn’t spend the whole ten dollars on this game.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 284021411701228/k2311a024/2.4.11