Movie: Pretty in Pink  » Movies  »
  • One of the things that impressed me about this movie was the wide range of characters that were in it
  • I think the additional characters are what really make this movie as good as it is
  • Also, my wife and I thought the part involving the dress was just stupid

• by Review Vigilante

Synopsis: A poor high school teenager falls in love with a boy from a wealthy family and has to deal with prejudices that are the result of her upbringing. What I liked about this movie: This film has been out for a long time and this was the first time I actually got a chance to see it.

I didn’t think I

would like it but it actually turned out to be pretty OK.

One of the things that impressed me about this movie was the wide range of characters that were in it.

You have the girl, who is going through high school while pretty much taking care of her father (who is depressed about her mom leaving them).

Her best friend is a boy who is also in love with her but still willing to step aside to make sure she is happy and her best girlfriend is a middle-aged woman who likes to change her hairstyles and clothing styles on a regular basis while trying to find love.

I think the additional characters are what really make this movie as good as it ...

• Movie: Pretty in Pink
      is.

What I didn’t like about the movie: You know, I never could understand why people thought Molly Ringwald was so hot in the 1980s.

I just don’t see anything overly special about her; at least not to the point where men are going to fight over her in these movies.

Also, my wife and I thought the part involving the dress

was just stupid.

She has two beautiful prom dresses that she cuts apart (if I were her friend, I would be upset about that) and turns into a dress that quite honestly wasn’t as good as either of the two she destroyed.

My Final Opinion: This movie is pretty much a chick flick but I think it is worth watching at least once regardless of your gender.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 114021411651228/k2311a024/2.4.11