Kyowa Super Blender, Countertop Model KW4702  » Housewares  »
  • I like to use it also for making hot purees of mushrooms and chicken stocks, mostly soups for dinner
  • I think the blade cap must be properly positioned
  • I believe the strongest suit of the blender comes from its stability, the glass jug in conjunction with the motor works without shaking
  • A basic unit like this would probably cost 20 dollars

• by jhunie

I’m far from declaring myself an expert in the kitchen because it’s not my domain. Preparing food is never to be found in my list of skills. But like every human being who appreciates fine food, tasting good food is a crucial aspect of everyone’s lifestyle. I’m a self-proclaimed vegetarian and love to eat food fresh. It can reach a certain point when you’ve eaten the same stuff over and over and the pleasure gets lost somewhere in the palette. I’ve been squeezing myself in the kitchen to learn vegan dishes and my objective is to diversify my dull methods of preparation. I don’t want to be gnawing raw carrots like a rabbit for my whole life, a blender allows me to soften the textures of the food I’m eating and makes it easier to ingest. We have the Kyowa super blender at home. It’s so gratifying to see the solid vegetables and fruits get mixed up into a fresh concoction – my own recipe, which beats all the suspiciously fresh foods I see in the market. I’m rest assured that my food is fresh, plainly because I prepared it myself!

The kyowa super blender is more than capable of processing solid food into semi-liquid juices and dishes. It’s especially a hot item in the kitchen during summertime when everyone’s looking for something cold to drink. I frequent it nearly every day to produce a healthy carrot juice for myself or any fruit-based juice to support digestion. It can grind to bits almost

everything, from ice cubes, hard vegetables, and fruits. The comprehensive range of speeds render food in fine, well-mixed, liquid textures, within minutes of using the blender. The added liquid content affects largely the thickness and texture of the mix. The food may have some soggy, chunky bits, if not extensively ground inside the blender. I like to use it also for making hot purees of mushrooms and chicken stocks, mostly soups for dinner. I chop the food in thin vertical strips and let the blender do the rest.

The bad part is that the blender leaks. The glass jug has a detachable bottom which, of course, pertains to the metal blade. With a hazardous look, the rotating blades are shaped like streaks of the sun, and could be removed for cleaning. The blade needs extra time to clean because food residues would often accumulate under the blades, as well as the entire bottom lid of the glass jug. It could get awfully tiresome cleaning the blades at a daily basis depending on the frequency of use. However, the jug itself has a functional purpose as a temporary storage of the pureed food, or whatever “blendered” preparation, by putting it inside the fridge. The bottom lid must be fitted into the glass jug again, and it’s immensely important to close it very tightly. In many instances, black liquid would ooze out of the jug’s base leaking all over the switches. The color being that the bottom lid, including the agitator (or something like ...

• it) under the blades are made of a black rubber-type material, which fits into the hollowed mold of the blades. Sometimes, you can hardly tell that you’ve capped the lid enough and yet, the leakage still happens no matter how many times I’ve checked it. I think the blade cap must be properly positioned. I fill the jug with water and test if the base is leaking. That helps a lot.

I believe the strongest suit of the blender comes from its stability, the glass jug in conjunction with the motor works without shaking. It seems a visceral response for us to restrain the normal vibrating motion by putting a hand atop the covered blender, while mixing the food. I can just put one hand at rest while pressing different speeds with the other. It is my theory that the heavy jug puts sufficient weight to the unit and therefore, not flimsy. On the contrary, the blender makes a loud gurgling sound. The sound reverberates throughout the whole kitchen space and is enough to wake people in their sleep, especially during early mornings. I could furnish a list of solid foods accountable for that annoying sound. But the absolute worst goes to ice. I hate how ice hits the glass jug and in effect, results to a downpour of high-pitched noise. I was advised that the fundamental value determining the power of blenders lies upon their wattage. As a rule: a higher wattage means higher speeds and efficiency. This blender

has a modest 300 watts, some edgy brands could come in 800 wattages, but I’m quite satisfied by the performance of this blender.

This blender looks like common countertop blenders, so it’s not something very hi-tech to adorn your kitchen. It’s a solid piece of food-mixing equipment, given the set of 12 speeds this guy offers. I switch between the middle speeds and that usually cuts it. Speeds beyond those, particularly the highest, operate harshly and scare the faint-hearted out of me. The jug, apart from the blade, is much easier to clean. I don’t overwhelm the glass jug by filling it with too much food per blending. I make sure to load just half of it subsequently, even if that demands me to finish the process at a longer time. If filled copiously over half of the jug, the blender would mechanically churn out bits of food. Closing the jug only adds pressure inside, and I find that causes the motor to stutter every now and then. The volume of the jug is average and probably equal to or lesser than a litter. It may not help to make things a little faster, but I like to perform the food preparation leisurely, one step at a time. In that case, the size of the jug is okay. A basic unit like this would probably cost 20 dollars.

I recommend this kitchen equipment. I think this blender would be an essential addition to someone’s kitchen, particularly to folks who happen to be health-nuts and my fellow vegetarians.

Ruis says :

How can i clean my kyowa blender
    I can’t find any instructional information about ur products

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 533021411191228/k2311a023/2.3.11