Peach Perfume Bottle by Rosetree Glass
  • The art and jewelry gallery where I bought this has a special case that is marked Under $100
  • I think this peach perfume bottle was in that case for a while before I finally decided to buy it
  • I think this perfume bottle has three interesting features
  • One is the disc-shaped stopper, and I love how thick it is

• by Lisa Pellegrini

The art and jewelry gallery where I bought this has a special case that is marked “Under $100.” The case only contains perfume bottles, not jewelry or anything else. I think this peach perfume bottle was in that case for a while before I finally decided to buy it. And if I remember correctly, it was about $60. I think it is a pretty big deal if you can find a lovely perfume bottle in a modern art gallery for under $100 nowadays. After all, they are like little 3-dimensional works of art. Instead of being in the form of oil on canvas, they are in glass form.

This is not a piece that I was madly in love with, but the main reason that I bought it is because the glass is peach colored. That is something that I rarely

ever see in art glass pieces. I usually see a lot of pieces in red, pink, or blue. I guess many of the glass artists figure that women are drawn to pink, because it’s feminine. Red is flashy and sexy. And cobalt blue is a very striking and hypnotic color. There is just something mesmerizing about its deep hue.

But for some reason, many glass artists ignore the color peach. I can’t understand that, because I think it is the perfect color to showcase during spring and summer. It is soft and refreshing, and I think it is very peaceful to look at. It is pleasing to the eye.

This perfume bottle is about five inches tall, and it is like the shape of an apple. The stopper is shaped like a disc, and it protrudes from the perfume bottle in an upright position. So it is like taking a CD disc and standing it upward. Or better yet, it’s like taking a lollipop and inserting it inside of the bottle, except the stopper is clear glass. The bottle is an iridescent peach color. Actually, I think it may be clear glass that has an iridescent peach coating or glaze on it. It is lighter peach on the top portion of the bottle, and then it gradually becomes a deeper peach or salmon color as it reaches the lower portion of the bottle.

I think this perfume bottle has three interesting features. One is the disc-shaped stopper, and I love how thick it is. It is almost a quarter of an inch thick, so this really looks like a substantially sized stopper. The second unique feature of the bottle is its apple-like shape,

• Peach Perfume Bottle by Rosetree Glass
      although it is not exactly the shape of an apple. It’s not a shape that I see all the time in perfume bottles.

And of course the last great feature of this piece is the gorgeous peach color and the way that it graduates from light peach to an orange-salmon color. It would have been interesting to see how this bottle would have looked without the iridescence, if it were just plain peach glass that gradually became a deeper peach glass. But the iridescence gives it a pretty pink glow. I guess that is the purpose of using that type of glaze on it.

Rosetree Blown Glass Studio is a company from New Orleans, which is cool, since I don’t have any other collectibles from New Orleans. Rosetree makes all kinds of pieces that include glass pumpkins, vases, ornaments, and bowls. It

is refreshing to see that the artist clearly dated the piece, signed it, and even wrote “New Orleans.” Some of my other perfume bottles and paperweights are signed underneath, but they are so difficult to read. Or they are not even signed. So I appreciate when the artist takes the time to sign it clearly so that it is legible, and he or she even includes the date. In this case, he even included the city where he created the piece.

I only have one other peach-colored collectible besides this perfume bottle, and that is a peach jade mini teapot. So this is my only peach perfume bottle. If you are interested in a peachy colored glass piece, or if you know someone who may be, then you would enjoy going on the Rosetree Glass website and browsing at their vast collection.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 463021410941128/k2311a023/2.3.11