Herbal Essences Body Envy volumizing shampoo  » Health  »
  • I bought Herbal Essences Body Envy volumizing shampoo because I am constantly trying out new products to give my fine, limp hair a boost
  • But this shampoo seemed to succeed in giving my hair a little bit of a light and fluffy texture – and the best part
  • I decided that big boost or little boost, something that lasted all day either way was worth it

• by Laura Gordon

I bought Herbal Essences Body Envy volumizing shampoo because I am constantly trying out new products to give my fine, limp hair a boost. Almost nothing works like it says it will. I grow more and more tired of hearing about the new and improved technology they’ve discovered to plump up your hair, make it healthy and full, perk up the roots, etc, etc, which gets me all stoked to try the product, and then I buy it only to discover that which I’ve discovered a hundred times over: it does absolutely

nothing at all to my hair. I have tried some volumizing products that actually seem to weigh my hair down.

So I didn’t have much hope when I tried the Herbal Essences approach to giving my hair a boost, but I was still determined to find that magical product that clicked with my hair.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with this product. Contrary to other products, it actually did seem to give my hair a boost – not a huge one, but I’d given up hope for that. But this shampoo seemed to ...

• succeed in giving my hair a little bit of a light and fluffy texture – and the best part: it lasted all day. Never before had any hair product of any sort I’d tried lasted all day on my hair. I decided that big boost or little boost, something that lasted all day either way was worth it.

I have been using this shampoo ever since. As with all products, its effect seems to fade after a month or two of use – almost as if my hair gets used to it

and grows immune. But I keep another, more nourishing kind of shampoo on hand as well, and use it for a few days whenever the volumizing stuff begins to lose effect. I figure my hair could use a break from the pressure and get dose of replenishment every now and then anyway, so it’s really a good excuse to pause from the glam and go for a couple days of nourishment. When I switch back, the volumizing shampoo works once again! I am very pleased with this product compared to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 343021410921128/k2311a023/2.3.11