The Edison Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
3583 McGregor Boulevard, Fort Myers, Florida
  • I think I may have found a new comfort food to crave
  • Made with fresh crab and served with a flavorful sauce that was spicy, but not too spicy, the spicy crab rolls were delicious and flavorful
  • I enjoyed the key lime pie, which was tart and just the way I like it
  • All in all we were very satisfied with our dining experience at the Edison Restaurant
  • I don't think that you or your guests will be disappointed

• by deem

The Edison Restaurant is located on McGregor Boulevard overlooking the historic Fort Myers Country Club and approximately one mile south of the well known Edison and Ford Winter Estates. The Edison Restaurant has decided to capitalize on this proximity to the Edison Winter Estate by utilizing antiques, dark woods, and photographs of Thomas Edison, his family and friends as a recurring theme throughout the restaurant.

The restaurant consists of different rooms, each with a special touch. For example, the Edison room includes an historical hand-carved statue of Thomas Edison that is almost twenty feet tall. The Banyan room is a sunken private dining room that overlooks the golf course.

During my recent visit to the Edison Restaurant, my party was greeted by the hostess very promptly and then seated in the Banyan room. We ordered two appetizers, the pot roast nachos and the spicy crab rolls. The pot roast nachos were a generous size that easily could be

a meal instead of an appetizer. The pot roast was tender and it was complemented by the cheesy nachos. I think I may have found a new comfort food to crave. Made with fresh crab and served with a flavorful sauce that was spicy, but not too spicy, the spicy crab rolls were delicious and flavorful.

Although we selected these appetizers because they seemed like a welcome change of pace from the appetizers available in most restaurants, the Edison Restaurant menu also includes more typical appetizers such as calamari, wings, and potato skins. The entrees run the gamut from chicken to beef to fish to pasta dishes. All of the entrees are served with a vegetable and your choice of potato or rice. There is something for everyone on the menu.

As an entree, I selected the prime rib au jus, and it was delicious, a generous size, and so tender that it ...

• practically melted in my mouth. My daughter chose the blackened salmon with fresh vegetables, which she found to be delicious as well. Despite the generous portions, we saved room for dessert. I enjoyed the key lime pie, which was tart and just the way I like it. My daughter ordered the chocolate cake which was moist and rich.

The regular menu at the Edison Restaurant is available seven days a week from 11 am to 10 pm. It features appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches, pizza, as well as entrees. However, there is also a daily lunch special that features two lunches from a special lunch menu that includes meat loaf, chicken Caesar salad, chicken pot pie, or a French dip sandwich for $12.95.The evenings include some kind of dinner special every evening as well. The Edison includes three full bars that offer vious beers, wines, and spirits. There is a Happy Hour from 11 am to 8 pm.

All in all we were very satisfied with our dining experience at the Edison Restaurant. Parking was plentiful, the staff provided great service, the quality of the food was excellent, the prices were reasonable, certainly competitive for the area, the ambiance was warm and inviting, the decor was memorable and the view ofthe golf course was very pleasant as well. We will definitely return to the Edison Restaurant soon. If you are in Fort Myers and you are looking for a quality dining experience that is something different from the typical chain restaurants provide, I recommend that you try the Edison Restaurant. If you live in the Fort Myers area and have friends or family from out of town visiting, I would particularly recommend a visit to the Edison Restaurant because it offers not only great dining, but also insight into the historic flavor of the city. I don’t think that you or your guests will be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73021410871128/k2311a023/2.3.11