MAC Quarry eyeshadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • While that may not sound appealing, it is acutally what I like best about Quarry
  • I think that Quarry is a shade that can work with many different skin tones, from fair to light, and also with both warm and cool tones
  • In addition, I find that it does not emphasize fine lines, wrinkles, or crepiness in the eye area, which can sometimes be a problem with eyeshadows when applied to more mature eyelids
  • I don't have oily eyelids, however, so if you do, your experience may differ
  • Even if MAC Quarry does not turn out to be a shadow you want to purchase, I recommend that you stop and take a look at some of the others because MAC eyeshadows are some of the most unusual and complex eyeshadows around, with something for everyone

• by deem

I received MAC Quarry eyeshadow in a palette with several other powder eyeshadows, lip shades, and two blushes. In the pan, it looked kind of plain and “blah”. I was not drawn to it at all. However, money has been tight lately so I have been on a cosmetics purchasing moratorium and I have been taking a second look at some of the makeup products that I own, but have not been using. That is why my eye was drawn to MAC Quarry.

In the pan, I could not tell whether MAC Quarry was a gray eyeshadow or a brown eyeshadow. I applied it with an eyeshadow brush, however, and now I realize that Quarry is a multi-faceted eyeshadow that is rather indeterminate in color. While that may not sound appealing, it is acutally what I like best about Quarry. On my fair skin, Quarry is a plummy grey brown or a plummy brown grey depending on what I am wearing and the light I am in.

Because it has all of those hues or

tones it it, MAC Quarry is not very wearable, but also very neutral. It has become one of my favorite “go to” eyeshadows that I reach for when I am getting ready for work, especially if I have not yet decided on what outfit I will be wearing. Quarry is so neutral that I do not have to worry about it clashing with any clothing I might choose.

MAC Quarry is very wearable because it is a great shade to wear in the daytime because it flatters my eyes, but is not a too obvious eyeshadow. However, it can also be applied more dramatically for wear at night. For example, I might wear MAC Sable eyeshadow on the outer half of my eyelid, Shroom on the brow, and Quarry on the inner part of the lid. It also works well as a smoky liner for the bottom lid. Quarry does not have to be paired with other shadows, however. I find that it also works great as an allover lid color.

I think ...

• that Quarry is a shade that can work with many different skin tones, from fair to light, and also with both warm and cool tones. Because it is so subtle and neutral and not frosty or garish, it works for women of all ages. In addition, I find that it does not emphasize fine lines, wrinkles, or crepiness in the eye area, which can sometimes be a problem with eyeshadows when applied to more “mature” eyelids.

I find that MAC Quarry eyeshadow has good staying power on my eyelids. I can apply it in the morning and it is still looking good in the evening when I return home, with no creasing, smudging, or flaking. I don’t have oily eyelids, however, so if you do, your experience may differ. I also find that a little Quarry goes a long way so I don’t anticipate the need to repurchase in the near future, because even though amount of shadow in the palette is less than the amount you get when you buy an individual MAC eyeshadow, I think it will

last for quite some time.

If MAC Quarry sounds like a shadow that you would be interested in, you can find it at the MAC counter in your local department store as well as at freestanding MAC cosmetics stores. MAC cosmetics are not available in drug stores or big box discount stores. However, you can often find MAC cosmetics, including eyeshadows, at cosmetics outlet stores in outlet malls so you may want to keep your eyes peeled for MAC Quarry there. I warn you, you may be put off by the way it looks in the pan. But you should give it a try on your eyes before making a decision about whether to purchase MAC Quarry eyeshadow. I think if you actually try it on, you will be pleasantly surprized. Even if MAC Quarry does not turn out to be a shadow you want to purchase, I recommend that you stop and take a look at some of the others because MAC eyeshadows are some of the most unusual and complex eyeshadows around, with something for everyone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313021410831128/k2311a023/2.3.11