Campbells Chili Recipe  » Recipes  »
  • They are a uniquely american thing and I love them because they remind me of how grandmas used to cook
  • What makes this recipe one I recommend to friends is that it tastes very mild
  • I prefer to use this recipe when making chili dogs, burgers, or chili fries because its mild flavor will not compete with the other items
  • I like this recipe because it tastes very different from your typical chili recipe

• by mamjess

Everyone alive from the 1930’s to 1950’s who lived in America has a handful of campbells soup recipes. They are a uniquely american thing and I love them because they remind me of how grandmas used to cook. I was not born until many generations after the 1950’s but I have been passed down many of these recipes. This recipe comes from my mother in law’s mother. We don’t know how far back it goes, but it atleast dates to WWII.

Campbells Chili:

Ingredients: 1

pound ground beef 1 large can or two small cans of condensed tomato soup 1 cup of water 3 cans of beans of your choice. Use either Kidney (dark or red) black beans or red beans.

1 can premade chili of your choice 1 clove of minced garlic 1 small chopped onion 1 to 2 tablespoons of chili powder

Directions: Brown beef, onion and garlic in large pot. Drain fat off of meat once browned. Rinse the beans with water then add to the pot.

• Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, then simmer 2 or more hours.

What makes this recipe one I recommend to friends is that it tastes very mild. Even people with sensitivities to chili powder will not have trouble with this. Children who will not eat chili often cite this as their favorite. I prefer to use this recipe when making chili dogs, burgers, or chili fries because its mild flavor will not compete with the other items.

I like this recipe because it

tastes very different from your typical chili recipe. Most include tomato sauce and tomato paste and end up tasting a lot like tomatoes. For a change I use this recipe.

I also like how inexpensive this recipe is. Depending on where you shop, it usually comes to about $5 for a huge pot. This is a very filling meal and no one goes away hungry and for $5 and about 10 minutes of chopping and stirring on my part it is worth every bit.

Pros: Cheap Easy Very filling

Cons: not low fat high in sodium uses canned ingredients instead of fresh.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492021410660828/k2311a022/2.2.11