Islands of Adventure, Orlando  » Travel  »
1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819
  • Now that I think about it, as a mother, I know for certain I will not be taking my son here until he is much older
  • But don’t let my personal experience detour you from going

• by sarahdragon26

I have never been much of a roller coaster fan, so when my sister wanted to take me to Islands of Adventure, I just looked at her. I mean, this is my sister. She knows I don’t do roller coasters, so what purpose could I have for going to place that caters primarily to those types of rides? I had seen the rides from I-4 many times as I drove on the road, while I was working at Disney World, so the idea that this was going to be fun for me, went right out the window.

I didn’t get to spend a lot of time with my sister since we both were working, so I went

with her. I had been to Universal Studios since Islands of Adventure opened, but never been in it, so I got to see what it was like. About the same as I imagined, from seeing from the roads and word of mouth. I just stood there, looking at the roller coasters, shaking my head. I felt like I was surrounded by them. I was not thrilled. Don’t get me wrong. It’s a really cool looking place, if you’re into this kind of thing. My sister loved the place and she went on everything. I spent most of my time in the shops. But there was one thing that amazed me. That there were so many families there ...

• with small children. Roller coasters have height limits and even then, I saw some older children crying in fear of the Hulk coaster and the Dragons. I can’t imagine that would have been fun. Now that I think about it, as a mother, I know for certain I will not be taking my son here until he is much older. Until I’m certain he can handle this because my husband will be going with him. I’ll go to Universal Studios.

I did force myself to get on one ride. Jurassic Park. I had heard such really good things about it and wanted to try it at least once. And I did. I felt a little sick from

the drop, but it was worth it. The end reminded me of Dinosaur in Animal Kingdom where the meat-eating dinosaur comes at you from the front before something happens and you get away.

I was there before Harry Potter went in, so I have no idea what it’s like, but my husband wants to see it. I have no interest. My husband wants to go, but I have a feeling it’s going to be the same for me. Just sitting around. But don’t let my personal experience detour you from going. It’s a great place to have fun, if you like the roller coasters and can handle the forces and the drops. I would have had fun if I could have.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382021410330728/k2311a022/2.2.11