BSNL 3G Cellular Service  » Cellular services  »
2.5
  • When I decided to switch to 3G, there was not much option
  • My experience with this operator as far as 3G is concerned is of mixed nature
  • The problem only accentuated when there is no support from the customer care

• by Galega

When I decided to switch to 3G, there was not much option. In fact, other than BSNL not a single operator was offering 3G service. So, I decided to take a new connection of BSNL.

My experience with this operator as far as 3G is concerned is of mixed nature. Something is really awesome and something is really terrible.

The GPRS speed is great and because of low competition of bandwidth the internet speed is being maintained with sheer consistency. I am

using a blackberry phone and it is working great with this connection. I must add here that now I have learned that new private players are offering about five times the speed which is being offered to me by BSNL.

The network coverage is one thing which makes BSNL worth keeping. My job demands too much travel and only BSNL has the capability to retain me connected where ever I may be. Widest network coverage is the single biggest point that ...

• is there in favor of BSNL.

The billing of this operator is terrific. Now, I keep a record of my use of phone daily as the mismatch in monthly bill is becoming obvious. Not a single month, yes a single month, has passed when the monthly bill of this operator is correct. The problem only accentuated when there is no support from the customer care. The executives at customer care are most corrupt people. They simply don’t know how to talk with

their customers.

As far as tariffs are concerned, this operator lacks it. They don’t offer any attractive tariff plans like night use or different packs. Being a single operator they may not need it now but I wonder how they will compete with private players who are just about to start 3G services.

And, I am waiting for other operators to start 3G services so that I may switch to them. I am waiting to throw out BSNL SIM from my mobile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222021409680628/k2311a022/2.2.11