Dire Straits ‘Brothers In Arms’ Classic Album  » Music  »
  • It’s really hard to pick a favorite track and if I really had to I would say it was ‘Brothers In Arms’, but the likes of ‘The Man’s Too Strong’, ‘So Far Away’ and ‘Your Latest Trick’ don’t fall too far behind

• by alexd187

Now I have never been known to be a proper fan of rock music, but recently I came across a Dire Straits album, titled ‘Brothers In Arms’, that somehow enticed me to pop it in and give it a listen, purely because of the profound title and I was expecting the usual loudness associated with rock music, but I knew that there just had to be one or two songs I might like, as is usually the case with all music genres.

After letting it play out I was quite surprised

to find one specific that I actually recognized, and that was ‘Walk Of Life’, track number three. It took me back to my childhood sometime and I hadn’t expected it to be on a rock album.

I soon came to a conclusion as to why there are only nine tracks on the album and that is because it is a very high quality album. There is only one song which I really skip on the album and that is the second last one, ‘One World’, which I don’t think is all ...

• that bad but the anticipation of getting to the climax in ‘Brothers In Arms’ often proves too much for me to have to sit through that track.

The tracks have a sort of country feel to them, with the only real rock track I can say there is being ‘Money For Nothing’, track number two. Otherwise if this is what a certain type of rock music is like then I can safely say that I do listen to the rock genre of music.

It’s really hard to pick a favorite track and

if I really had to I would say it was ‘Brothers In Arms’, but the likes of ‘The Man’s Too Strong’, ‘So Far Away’ and ‘Your Latest Trick’ don’t fall too far behind. ‘Why Worry’ is another song that reassures me when things in my life aren’t going so well, with a positive message of their always being sunshine after rain communicated in a slow, profound song that goes on for eight minutes.

Track List

1.So Far Away 2.Money For Nothing 3.Walk Of Life 4.Your Latest Trick 5.Why Worry 6.Ride Across The River 7.The Man’s Too Strong 8.One World 9.Brothers In Arms

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141021408540228/k2311a021/2.1.11