Revlon DoubleTwist Waterproof Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • More than any other makeup product, I love mascara
  • If you goop it on every day, or even multiple times a day, and go through mascara quickly, this likely won't be a problem for you

• by Laura Gordon

More than any other makeup product, I love mascara. Foundation is a close second, but I try to take good care of and love my natural skin, so as a rule I try not to use it as much. But I love mascara. I have naturally long lashes, and fairly thick as well, but they are light brown like my hair and essentially invisible without enhancement. So I’m constantly trying new mascaras.

My current favorite is Revlon DoubleTwist Waterproof mascara. I always buy waterproof, regardless of the brand or whatever other effect I am going for.

If I don’t buy waterproof, the mascara bleeds off onto my skin and rubs off on everything at the lightest brush of contact.

Revlon DoubleTwist is one of those that claims to have a new revolutionary brush that gives you however-many-times the volume/length and however-many-times the definition. I find it a silly thing to claim, because that’s what they all claim, but never mind. It’s been fun trying them all out to see which ones really work.

Revlon DoubleTwist does work for me. It comes in an attractive little metallic red vial, which unscrews easily and is easy ...

• to grip for application. The actual brush part is a very nice length so that you apply makeup to more of your lashes at once, and it’s very good at grabbing your lashes to give them a thorough sweep, but without pulling off what you put on with previous strokes. So it does well at adding to itself, and does well combing lashes into a lovely array of spacing and definition with lots of volume.

What I don’t love about this product is that it seems to turn flaky with age a little bit faster than some other mascaras

I’ve had. If you goop it on every day, or even multiple times a day, and go through mascara quickly, this likely won’t be a problem for you. But since I try to embrace naturalism to a healthy point in my daily life, I don’t obsess over applying it every chance I get or keeping it looking precisely fresh at all hours of the day, and so it lasts a little bit longer for me, perhaps. It gets annoying applying flaky mascara, and more annoying when it flakes off into your eyes.

Other than that, this is a fantastic product!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in February, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311021408520228/k2311a021/2.1.11