Secret Soothing Effects Calming Garden antiperspirant/deodorant 1.6 oz  » Health  »
1.0
  • Unfortunately, this one product has been the only one made by Secret I have ever been disappointed in
  • As much as I dislike roll-ons, I would prefer a liquid roll on to this semi solid messy cream form
  • I think I understand why the product was made as a cream/semi solid in this case
  • There is nothing wrong with the original scent, I like it, but why rename it just for using on a spin off line of their product
  • I don’t recommend this one to anyone, especially not if you have sensitive skin

• by reviewabit

I am normally a huge fan of Secret products and I use them regularly and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, this one product has been the only one made by Secret I have ever been disappointed in. It is partly my own fault, because I did not read the packaging closely. This product is labeled as a “solid” which led me to believe it was a solid stick product, but it is actually a “soft solid” which is the type that is semi-solid and comes up through the small holes at the top and spreads on your skin.

I have never cared for this form of product for two reasons. One, I always feel like they do not last as long. Every time I have purchased one, it has lasted weeks less than solids of a comparable size.

The other is

that they are messy. When you spread the soft mush onto your armpit, it invariably smears all over the container and later will flake off and make a mess. It takes longer to dry, and it gets onto your clothes.

As much as I dislike roll-ons, I would prefer a liquid roll on to this semi solid messy cream form. I think I understand why the product was made as a cream/semi solid in this case. It is a product designed for sensitive skin, so perhaps the reduction in friction would benefit those who had skin that tended to get sore easily.

The scent of this product, calming garden, was a bit of a disappointment too, because it smells extremely similar to the regular original Secret. I don’t know why they bothered changing the name of the scent when ...

• it was not unique at all. There is nothing wrong with the original scent, I like it, but why rename it just for using on a spin off line of their product? A new name implies a totally new scent.

I guess it just annoyed me. Perhaps it was just in keeping with the line’s purpose, to be specialized for sensitive skin. This makes me wonder why they made it so highly scented.

Generally people with sensitive skin are sensitive to strong fragrances and this is a source of many reactions to scented products– so why would they not make the scent lighter? It is just as strong as their regular non-sensitive products. In fact, I would venture that someone suffering with chemical sensitivities might like the Secret unscented better than this product. I bought it because I had cut

myself shaving, and it had left a sore spot which was reacting to my other deodorants.

This did not really make much of a difference. I ended up purchasing a non-scented product in the end, and using this up after the sore had healed. So much for helping sensitive skin!

I also noticed– and this is very unlike Secret– that the product did not work as effectively as their others.

By the end of the day, I could detect a sweaty odor. I assume it was a change in their formula that caused this, but it is the only time I have ever, ever seen a Secret product fail to deodorize! It seemed like a good idea for a product, but somewhere they got on the wrong path with this one. I don’t recommend this one to anyone, especially not if you have sensitive skin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431011407870531/k2311a0131/1.31.11