WinVivo Botano Throat lozenges 3 oz  » Health  »
  • They are sweetened with erythritol, which in my opinion is the best artificial sweetener in the world
  • Although it also contains a form of maltitol, I did not experience any significant raises in blood sugar from taking these over the course of a week when I had a cough and irritated throat
  • I like the fact that I can have as many of these as I want, if I suffer with dry throat all day long
  • I admit the drawback to these is that they are hard to find and cost a lot of money
  • I would recommend them, if you don’t mind the price

• by reviewabit

I have found a natural throat lozenge that is everything I need it to be. Botano throat lozenges are gentle, non-menthol lozenges that you can take as often as you like for sore or dry throat. They are made from various homeopathic remedies and also use traditional Chinese medicinal fruits. I was pleased with a throat syrup from China that contained loquat, and this product does also– this is what sold me.

They are sweetened with erythritol, which in my opinion is the best artificial sweetener in the world. It tastes almost as good as sugar (and this is from a girl raised in the South, with Southern sweet tea on the table every day) and it does not affect blood sugar values at all. I am

diabetic, and I put the product to the test.

Although it also contains a form of maltitol, I did not experience any significant raises in blood sugar from taking these over the course of a week when I had a cough and irritated throat. Sometimes when you are not feeling well, eating highly mentholated lozenges like Halls or Vicks can be absolutely nauseating, and enough of them can upset your stomach. These little lozenges taste like a mild fruit– almost like dates or something.

The sweetener erythritol leaves a cool sensation on your tongue. (Much better than a bitter aftertaste, don’t you think?) Slowly dissolving one of these lozenges lets you enjoy that cool sensation in your mouth and sinuses without the ...

• overpowering menthol effect of most throat drops. I will admit these are probably not the best choice for extreme circumstances, like a serious sore throat or cough.

They do help soreness and cough to some degree, but are not “big gun” medicine. They are perfect for mild irritation, hoarseness, and dry throat. I have used them many times when I have hay fever as well, and they help to soothe that itchy, irritated feeling you get in your throat with allergies.

I like the fact that I can have as many of these as I want, if I suffer with dry throat all day long. They taste good, and won’t make me feel ill. No one will ask if I am sick because they smell the tell-tale odor or

eucalyptus and menthol cough drops on my breath.

(And better, I don’t have to taste it) They are easy to carry around and are great to keep on hand if you are traveling. I admit the drawback to these is that they are hard to find and cost a lot of money. It’s difficult to say if they are really worth the price since their effect is mild, but they are just the perfect product for certain circumstances, if you are willing to pay a little more for them.

I alternate using these with other similar products in the winter, because I cannot afford to keep a store of these on hand all the time, as much as I would like. I would recommend them, if you don’t mind the price.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431011407830531/k2311a0131/1.31.11