Citre Shine Shine Miracle Split End Mender 1.7 oz  » Health  »
  • I’ve been told I have split ends, and I’ve tried a few products to try and mend them but not too many have impressed me
  • I ran out my usual shine-enhancer product so I thought this product might be a good compromise
  • At least they did not cost much, so I would not be out a lot of money if I didn’t like it
  • There didn’t seem to be any heaviness or build-up feeling, so I decided to put just a little more on my hair and re-dry it
  • I would definitely recommend this product, and especially if you are on a budget, because you get a very decent performance for very little money

• by reviewabit

The ends of my hair are fried from over coloring, over processing, and refusing to cut them off because I don’t want to lose the length. I’ve been told I have split ends, and I’ve tried a few products to try and mend them but not too many have impressed me. I also like something to add a little shine to the fizzed out ends of my hair and it needs to do so without weighing it down, because I have thinning hair on top of my head. My hair is just a multitude of problems, in other words!

I ran out my usual shine-enhancer product so I thought this product might be a good compromise.

If it didn’t work for split ends, at least I would get the shine benefit. I

had tried a couple of Citre Shine products in the past and they were ok. At least they did not cost much, so I would not be out a lot of money if I didn’t like it.

I used it the next day, applying it just to the ends of my hair while it was still damp. It felt nice, and smelled nice. It has a light citrus sort of smell, as the name would imply, obviously.

It is thick feeling in your hand, but not on your hair. After I dried my hair, I took a look at the ends and they certainly did look better than they would have had I just used my regular conditioner. There didn’t seem to be any heaviness or build-up feeling,

• so I decided to put just a little more on my hair and re-dry it.

The result was even better. It gave the ends a smoothness, and it did add noticeable shine. It wasn’t over the top dramatic, but it was good.

I knew this would be a good every day product to use for my ends. The real test would be the next day. Overnight, sometimes glossy hair products cause my face and neck to get oily, and I certainly don’t want to have to wash my hair twice a day to avoid this.

The next morning, all was well. There still didn’t seem to be any oily feel to the hair, and I was even able to skip a day washing it. The second day

of course I had to wash it out.

(I would have had to wash it anyway, I can’t go two days!) The fragrance of the product does not stay all day in your hair like some of these types do. It fades within a couple of hours, so it was good that I didn’t have to worry about it clashing with my perfume or body sprays and lotions. It even seems to work fine with heat appliances.

I think this is a great all purpose shine product, and although I don’t think anything really mends split ends, it does seem to help with the frazzled look. I would definitely recommend this product, and especially if you are on a budget, because you get a very decent performance for very little money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431011407820531/k2311a0131/1.31.11