HP PSC 1400 All-In-One Printer  » Hardware  »
  • I bought an HP All in one printer, scanner, copier for our church office
  • IF it did have a problem, it was usually a big pain
  • Also, the cost of ink was pretty high, running around $25.00 for a color catridge
  • The problem I had with the same printer at church, we experience the same thing at home
  • I think I would only give this printer a 7 because of the difficulty when trying to delete a job in que and the cost of ink

• by Renae
      I bought an HP All in one printer, scanner, copier for our church office. It worked very well, even though it was way overused! We really needed a commercial printer, but the budget did not allow that. I was able to print the weekly worship folder bulletin covers on this little HP every week, usually without a worry.

BUT. .

. IF it did have

a problem, it was usually a big pain! When the printer would stop printing, because of a jam or anything, it was a major production to get it back up and working.

Most printers you can go in and delete the print job it’s on currently. Not this printer! I would have to shut it off, and completely reboot my PC.

Also, the cost of ...

• ink was pretty high, running around $25 for a color catridge. The scanning function worked great and so did the copier function.

I liked the price as well. We paid $79 for it in 2005.

Then, last year, we needed a new little printer at home. So we purchased the same exact printer for our home office.

This time, we only paid $49 for it!

The problem I had with the same printer at church, we experience the same thing at home. We have to shut everything off and reboot the computer if I have to delete a printing job in que for any reason.

I think I would only give this printer a 7 because of the difficulty when trying to delete a job in que and the cost of ink.

e. gold says :

hoewdo i scan something

Jules Li says :

There is a scan button located on the printer. Press the scan button and then click on done.

Galega says :

Keep document below the flap. Now, press scan button from the control panel of this printer. You can find scan button on the control panel located on the front. Now, you can do some setting from your computer, like the way you want to save the scanned documents - image of PDF. For that, you are required to do necessary changes in Scan Preferences.

Lorna Nelson says :

I have a document in the printer queue which I cannot delete. And because of this, I cannot print anything else What should I do?

Jules Li says :

Unplug the printer for about 5 seconds and then plug it back in. This should re-set it and clear out the queue.

Galega says :

There is two ways in which you can handle a rather irritating problem. The first is as mentioned above, to unplug the printer and plug it back. You should obviously not do it again and again.

You can also delete printer queue in the following manner without unplugging your printer:

Select Start.
    Type Command .
    Right-click Command Prompt and select Run as administrator .
    Type net stop spooler then press Enter .
    Type del %systemroot%System32spoolprinters /Q then press Enter .
    Type net start spooler then press Enter .
    The print queue on your Windows should now be cleared.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 332203140770431/k2311a0322/3.22.07