L’Oreal Paris HydraFresh Oil-Free Toner 8.5 oz
  • A cotton pad or cotton ball is the best way to apply, although I have just splashed in with my hands before when I was in a hurry
  • I prefer a cream cleanser like Noxema or Cetaphil for periods where my skin is dryer, followed by the toner, which will help to tighten up the pores after a good cleanse
  • I do recommend it for anyone with any type of skin, even sensitive, as it is very mild

• by reviewabit

This toner from L’oreal is one that I regularly use and have been using it for quite a few years. It is oil free, and alcohol free. It is amazingly gentle, has a soft, powdery floral type of fragrance, non-irritating, and leaves your skin feeling fresh, clean and soft. It will not leave you feeling tight and dry like some astringent toners.

It can be used when your skin is oily or dry as it does not affect the moisture balance very much. It boasts both pro vitamin B-5 and beta hydroxy ingredients to nourish the skin. When I use this product regularly, I don’t need

to exfoliate nearly as much.

I apply it first thing in the morning and after cleansing my face at night. A cotton pad or cotton ball is the best way to apply, although I have just splashed in with my hands before when I was in a hurry. I don’t like wasting it though.

This is a toner that you can find just about everywhere, and it is not expensive. L’oreal is a great brand for skin care, and fits in most everybody’s budget allowance. The only time I stop using a toner of this type is in the summer, when my skin is oilier.

I might temporarily

switch to a stronger astringent until that phase has passed. Although I have tried a lot of different toners of a similar type, I always end up coming back to this one, because it just does what it is supposed to do without a lot of money, work, or fuss. It’s not really strong enough to use as a face cleanser on its own, as some astringent toners tend to be, so it is best used after a cleanser.

I prefer a cream cleanser like Noxema or Cetaphil for periods where my skin is dryer, followed by the toner, which will help to tighten up the pores after ...

• L'Oreal Paris HydraFresh Oil-Free Toner 8.5 oz
      a good cleanse. In summer months I might use a foaming cleanser or even a mild soap, followed by this toner and a light moisturizer. The L’oreal moisture products work very well along with their toners and I often buy those too.

The only drawbacks to using these mainstream products is that they cannot offer you the purity of all natural or organic ingredients. This toner, as most of their other products, contains a lot of chemicals, and there has been some rumor of animal testing issues with the company in the past. It is a personal judgment call as to whether you want to pay more for a natural

product, which may or may not work as well as a brand like L’oreal.

I use both types of products, and I usually get good results from either camp– it just depends entirely on the individual product. I will give L’oreal a thumbs up on their packaging for their skin care lines. This toner looks pretty sitting on my sink.

The little frosted bottle and round top look classy. I will probably continue to use this product in between trying other ones, because it is reliable and pleasant to use. I do recommend it for anyone with any type of skin, even sensitive, as it is very mild.

B. M Arnold says :

re : A cotton pad or cotton ball is the best way to apply, although I have just splashed in with my hands before when I was in a hurry
Yes This is my "go to" toner and it’s easier to use with cotton pad after cleansing I’ve dealt with discoloration and this works

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3431011407610431/k2311a0131/1.31.11