Album : Slayer - Reign In Blood  » Music  »
  • I think they were pretty smart though, because they made sure that they had a different vibe all together from these two giants while still remaining true to the thrash metal ideals
  • I would still recommend checking out the whole album though, the other tracks are all pretty good too

• by ZEEZEEDawson

Looking back i can’t believe just how strong the thrash metal scene was in 1986. I mean not only did Metallica and Megadeth release instant classics but Slayer also got into the mix.

I think they were pretty smart though, because they made sure that they had a different vibe all together from these two giants while still remaining true to the thrash metal ideals. Slayer to me, were and always will be the most

aggressive band to have fallen under the thrash metal banner and this album is a great showcase of why that it.

While other thrash bands were singing about drinking and politics, Slayer were singing about monsters, hell and basically anything else you can be shocked by. I think that’s what i initially liked about this album though, it showed me a different side of the metal landscape and was the main album that led me ...

• to pursue heavier stuff and for that i thank them.

Songs like Angel Of Death, Criminally Insane, Epidemic and Raining Blood have since become pretty standard listening for me and i revisit the songs quite often. I would still recommend checking out the whole album though, the other tracks are all pretty good too.

I saw the other day that this album has been re-released again in vinyl format along with the rest of the

band’s albums so i will be checking that out soon too. Until then though i have happy to play this album whenever i need to remind myself just how good metal music can be when done right. As i’ve gotten older and expanded my musical palette, metal doesn’t get as much of a run as it used to, but it’s nice to know that albums like this one will always be there when i need them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1431011407180331/k2311a0131/1.31.11