Album : Metallica - Master of Puppets (1986)  » Movies  »
  • Also on this album we have the amazing bass playing of the late Cliff Burton, who i really wish was still here right now
  • I think every metal fan owes it to themselves to make sure they are familiar with this album, go and listen to it now

• by ZEEZEEDawson

What better time for me to re-visit one of my favorite albums of all time now that it has been recently remastered again and re-released. I remember when i first heard this album years and years ago it blew me away. Up until then i was just listening basically to AC/DC and Guns ‘n’ Roses without any clue about any other music. My best

friend’s brother started playing this one day when was over at their house and my world changed forever.

I feel that this album still holds up very well today and should be an essential part of any metal fans music library. Sure some might say that Ride The Lightning is Metallica’s finest moment, but considering the added personal value Master of Puppets has to me it’s clear that this is their best album. In fact i am yet to speak to any metal fan that doesn’t think this is something special and i’d be surprised if i ever did.

My favorite songs here are the frenetic opener Battery, Welcome Home Sanitarium and the totally awesome instrumental Orion, still to this day one of the very best instrumental metal tunes of ...

• Album : Metallica - Master of Puppets (1986)
      all time. Also on this album we have the amazing bass playing of the late Cliff Burton, who i really wish was still here right now. I did like Jason Newstead as a replacement, but i really think that if Cliff had of stuck around he would have been able to lead the rest of the band away from the disaster that would become their
      latter day career.

I think every metal fan owes it to themselves to make sure they are familiar with this album, go and listen to it now. One of the original or early cd pressings of this album are readily available and pretty cheap, but the newest remaster would be the way to go and i think it’s about time i update my own copy too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1131011407140331/k2311a0131/1.31.11