Personal Water Craft on Lake Shastha  » Travel  »
lake shastha,CA
  • I was looking for something low key to do for the long week end so TH and I decided to check it out
  • The PWC experience was like no other for TH and I

• by bloggerbabe

I am a major travel junkie ,I am always looking for different places to go and things to do. One morning while channel surfing ,I came across this travelogue on Redding/Mt. Shastha.

I was looking for something low key to do for the long week end so TH and I decided to check it out. It didnt need a 7 hour long drive or major hotel reservations or too much

packing.

Mt. Shastha was my first glimpse of snow in many years.

You can actually see the snow covered mountains, from about 100 miles away on the freeway. But the major attraction was all the summer activities on Lake Shastha,including the segway ride ,the caverns and personal water craft on Lake Shastha.

Because it was the independence day long week end, we had to ...

• wait for a whole day before a spot opened up to rent their PWC for 4 hours. So we decided to do the PWC and then head back home the next day.

That was the best call we made. PWC is a lot like riding a bike on water.

you get to throttle,speed up,slow down,try really cool turns but be careful if you don’t it correctly,you can flip the whole

machine and land face down on the water and they would charge you a hefty price for ruining the PWC too. We had the entire lake to ourselves so we loved every minute of it.

If you’re ever in the Shastha/Redding area , check out the PWC at Holiday Harbur Marina. The rentals begin as low as $85 .

It’s worth every penny. The PWC experience was like no other for TH and I.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3831011406570231/k2311a0131/1.31.11