Sweet Love Album by Anita Baker  » Music  »
  • It was right there and then that I decided to embrace my hunger for soul music as there had been so many instances during my late teenage years in which one or two tunes from back in the day took me way back to my early childhood
  • As someone who really loves my music, when I often listen to some tracks I arranged in a customized play list, I like to follow a certain theme in which the music sort of tells a story
  • With this album however, this is already done – which is why I rate it one of the best albums ever

• by alexd187

It hit me like a disease from the past life when I was riding in a taxi one day, on my way from my grandparents’ place and Anita Baker’s ‘Caught Up In A Rapture’ track came on, and I couldn’t quite confirm it until the chorus came in.

It was right there and then that I decided to embrace my hunger for soul music as there had been so many instances during my late teenage years in which one or two tunes from back in the day took me way back to my early childhood. I then decided to start my collection of the soul music genre, starting with Anita Baker’s ‘Sweet Love’ album, subtitles ‘The Very Best Of Anita Baker’.

These days, I can safely say that Anita Baker is my favorite soul music artist

of all time, and I reckon she should be named the queen of soul instead of Aretha Franklin, but that’s just my personal take on things.

As far as the album go, I can truly say that it is a real classic as the sounds are timeless and I never get sick of it. Furthermore, this is one of the few albums I have in my ever-growing collection of all different kinds of music from which I don’t ever have to make a track selection. I just pop in the disc and let it play through from the first track, ‘Caught Up In A Rapture’, which just happens to be my favorite Anita Baker track, right up to ‘No One In This World’.

As someone who really loves my music, when I often listen to some ...

• tracks I arranged in a customized play list, I like to follow a certain theme in which the music sort of tells a story. With this album however, this is already done – which is why I rate it one of the best albums ever. The tracks are arranged in such as way that they appear to take me on a journey through a love story which kicks off in the classical way, where she is ‘Caught Up In A Rapture’ of love, and proceeds to give the best of her sweet love that she’s got (‘Giving You The Best That I Got’ and ‘Sweet Love’) and she loves completely with her ‘Body and Soul’.

My interpretation then leads me to a typical period in any relationship where one’s love for the other is questioned,

and she feels the need to explain just why she loves (‘Just Because’) and gives reassurance (‘I Apologize’).

The cycle then repeats, but this time the end brings ultimate reassurance of love, with ‘No One In This World’ and thus the journey ends as I interpret it.

Track List (UK version/Rest of the world)

1.Caught Up In The Rapture (Single Version) (My very favorite) 2.Giving You The Best That I Got (Single Version) (Love this too) 3.Sweet Love 4.Body and Soul (Radio Edit) (Another favorite) 5.Just Because (Long Version) 6.I Apologize (Single Version) 7.Rhythm of Love 8.Soul Inspiration (Single Version) 9.Lead Me Into Love (Single Version) 10.Angel (Single Version) 11.Same Ole Love (365 Days a Year) (One of my wedding songs for sure) 12.Fairy Tales (Edit) 13.Talk To Me (Single Version) 14.Good Enough 15.No More Tears 16.When You Love Someone (Anita Baker/James Ingram) (Another of my wedding songs) 17.You Bring Me Joy 18.No One In The World

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1430011406160131/k2311a0130/1.30.11