Monty’s Raw Bar & Restaurants  » Restaurants  »
2550 South Bayshore Drive, Miami, FL 33133
  • Great atmosphere, delicious food and great service
  • I didn't like the clam strips, I think it was very fishy and kinda bitter

• by Miss Hana Banana

Great atmosphere, delicious food and great service!

It was raining when I came here with my coworkers to get seafood and beer. We came around 3PM, the place was still packed. It was the last day of Winter Music Conference that’s probably why.

The area was outdoors overlooking the waters. We sat in the area that had a roof but as soon as the rain stopped, we moved to the table in the middle to get some sun though

it was still misting a little bit.

Food was good. We had about 3 dozens of raw oysters, lots of fries, fried clam strips.

3 servings of cajun shrimps, stone crabs and a lot of beer. It took forever for our food to come though but it sould have been because the place was packed when we came.

The raw oysters were fresh though they were kinda small compared to the average size. Fries were yummy right when it ...

• was served but greasy when it cooled off.

I didn’t like the clam strips, I think it was very fishy and kinda bitter. The shrimps were the best! I ate so much of thessse jumbo shrimps and the seasoning was very tasty.

They were perfectly cooked and with a squeeze of fresh lemon… it was perfect! The stone crabs were good too, but I liked the shrimps better. We stayed there for about two hours, enjoying the atmosphere and

music.

The spot is very laid back, fun and I think a really good place to hang out with friends. We paid about $250 after a ton of food and beer.

But still, it was a bit overpriced if you think about it. I would come back to this place again.

It is better to come when it is sunny though. It was kind of annoying to sit in wet benches and tables and with the rain misting on your face while you eat.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 730011405790131/k2311a0130/1.30.11