South Park - Eat, Pray, Expell Air  » TV  »
  • I mean, men have no problem expelling gas on anyone else or in anyone else’s presence, but if women have some fun at their expense, they take it as a personal affront

• by sarahdragon26

First, I don’t know if the last word of this title was offensive or might have been thought of sensitive, so I just cut it out of the title and the rest of the review. If you have seen the episode, you will understand what the word is, so it doesn’t bare repeating. This was one of those strange South Park episodes that just make me think of what they might have been thinking or doing when they came up with the idea. I mean, the idea of woman expelling air from those areas is not something that is commonly talked about, like men expelling gas. So, I was curious to see how they would make this work without being too gross.

I was honestly surprised by the reaction of the boys when the girl expelled air on Butters. I was floored that they thought it was such a terrible thing, yet boys expelling gas on a girl was thought of as being all right and even being funny. Even Randy and Stan’s reactions were too much. I mean, men have no problem expelling gas on anyone else or in anyone else’s presence, but if women have some fun at their expense, they take it as a personal affront. That such a thing was not EVER supposed to happen. I even had to ask my husband if men really felt like this, like it was a disgusting thing women should not do. The idea ...

• of men, who enjoy being the ones who make everyone else feel uncomfortable, becoming the ones who were on the other side of the joke, is great. But the reaction of the men also made me angry. I mean, they actually went as far as to try to outlaw women expelling air. It was outrageous and I hope in the real world, if that kind of thing was to ever happen, a real legislative party would not do something so out of this world, as to outlaw it.

One of the things that I will always remember about this episode was the Road Warrior reference. When that woman expelled air to make the Road Warrior speech. I would even be freaked out

by that. Because that’s just not normal. And the fact that when the men, finally, understood what they did, they had to sing a song about it. Reminded me of ‘We Are the World.’

And the whole thing started with Terence and Phillip meets two girls who basically do the same things they do. Instead of expelling gas, they expel air. The two get grossed out by what the girls are doing, then marrying them. Strange episode, but proves a good point. That men like to be the ones who makes the women feel uncomfortable, but when it’s turned around on them, they don’t like it. I hope men in real life have a great deal sense then the men of South Park.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1027011404631231/k2311a0127/1.27.11