Herbal Essences None of Your Frizziness Conditioner  » Health  »
  • Because I am a huge fan of Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditioner, I felt like I was out of my mind when I decided to forgo my usual purchase and give this product a try
  • Frizziness is a major issue that I am always trying combat with different products and hairstyling methods
  • It has been about two weeks since I started using this product and so far my experience using it has been mixed
  • I am not sure exactly what I was expecting the first time that I tried it, but I will admit that I was very disappointed
  • I think this product is perfect for someone who is specifically looking for a product to combat frizz (and nothing more)

• by Simply_Fabulous

Because I am a huge fan of Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditioner, I felt like I was out of my mind when I decided to forgo my usual purchase and give this product a try. I have naturally curly or chemically free African American hair. Frizziness is a major issue that I am always trying combat with different products and hairstyling methods. Because most of the other products that I have tried from Herbal Essences worked for my hair, I figured that this one would be just as great. It has been about two weeks since I started using this product and so far my experience using it has been mixed.

Compared to Totally Twisted, I would describe this conditioner as lighter. I am not sure exactly what I was expecting the first time that I tried it, but I

will admit that I was very disappointed. I conditioned my hair using this product and I could not tell any difference. It did not really leave my curls looking defined and my hair also felt a bit dry. The only positive that I noticed was that my hair did feel softer while it was wet. I decided not to apply too many products to my hair so that I could get a realistic prognosis of its effectiveness after my hair was dry. Even though I only noticed a few waves and curls in my hair, I do have to admit that I did notice less frizz.

Even though I do not plan on making this my primary conditioner, I do plan on continuing to use this product in the future. I do like the fact that it is lightweight ...

• and I do not have to worry about it weighing my hair. I also like the fact that it really does not take a lot of the product to work. I think that I will use it as a leave in product by diluting it with some extra virgin olive oil and water. The only negative that I find about it is that it does not create as much of a hold as I would prefer as a conditioner. I also wish that it was a bit more moisturizing since it would cut down on the amount of products that I have to use.

Like all Herbal Essences products, this one has a slightly tropical smell to it. I would describe the fragrance of this one as a mandarin orange scent that I adored when I smelled it

in the bottle while I was in the store. When I arrived at home, I was very excited to try the product out. It definitely met my expectations and I really enjoyed using it until I was about to rinse it out in the shower and it smelled as if the product had mutated into this “odd” (that is the best way that I can describe it) smell. I am not going to say that it was a funky odor, but it really caught me off guard.

Overall, I would rate this product an 8 out of 10. I think this product is perfect for someone who is specifically looking for a product to combat frizz (and nothing more). If you are looking for a product that will help reduce frizziness while also defining your curl pattern then try Totally Twisted instead.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3427011404581231/k2311a0127/1.27.11