Persian Square Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
101, Ortigas Home Depot, Julia Vargas, Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Philippines
  • I loved the fact that the management spent a huge deal in making the place really presentable and having a rich, modern Persian theme in it
  • The price is a little steep but I guess the quality of the food is really different from the usual fastfood Persian restaurants that I have been in

• by tabs

I have been a great fan of Persian/Turkish Cuisine for a long time already. Whenever I get the chance, I would try out different restaurants serving great Persian cuisine. There are a lot of restaurants here that are not so great and for the most part I have tried a lot of them, but I have not tried this one restaurant in the Ortigas area that I keep on seeing all the time since I have been frequenting the Ortigas Home Depot.

The name of the restaurant is Persian Square. It is located just a stone’s throw away from the Ortigas Home Depot, Sitel and Starbucks. The façade of the restaurant gives you a modern Persian-themed feel. We were greeted with the waitress that was very cordial. The restaurant’s interior was absolutely delightful. It had a posh feeling to it. The restaurant is

not that huge but the interiors were breath taking. On the left side were booth tables that had some curtains for privacy. We chose the booth table. There is also a fountain in the middle of the restaurant underneath the hanging oversized ceiling lamp. I loved the fact that the management spent a huge deal in making the place really presentable and having a rich, modern Persian theme in it. I cannot even begin to explain how artistic and modern the comfort room is.

Anyway, moving on to the stuff on the menu which is the most important part of this review. As I was handed the menu, I carefully read through each meal description. There were a lot of kebabs (which I love!). There were chicken, beef, even fish. I chose the Chelo Kabab which has 2 strips of ground beef ...

• topped with buttered biryani rice and some grilled tomatoes. I ordered their Persian Square Salad that had a lot of fresh lettuce, onions, bell peppers, olives (green and black), tomatoes, cheese and some special dressing. The presentation was great because it came in a huge platter and my husband, friends and I really had a great appetizer. I also ordered some Beef Shawarma. I am really adamant to order shawarmas because I really hate it when the beef is tough and gummy. Their version of the shawarma was really great. The beef cuts were tender and the sauce was really yummy, very garlicky and somehow sweet.

Normally in some fastfood style Persian restaurants, the garlic sauce is just in a squeeze bottle container. This time the garlic sauce (with some black pepper) and the hot sauce was served in 2 separate

see through sauce plates. I really could not get enough of it because their version of their garlic sauce is quite different from the other restaurants. It had a different spice added to it that I really could not pin point what it was, but it was great. Their biryani rice was cooked very well and their beef kebabs were really very soft and juicy.

The price is a little steep but I guess the quality of the food is really different from the usual fastfood Persian restaurants that I have been in. The ambience is great too. There are a lot of other authentic Persian food in the menu that I have not tried yet, but will soon do because I will keep on coming back to this restaurant. I loved the service, the food is great and the location is great.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 727011404511231/k2311a0127/1.27.11