Baccarat Crystal Spinning Rabbit
  • If I remember correctly, I bought this little crystal rabbit about seven or eight years ago at the jewelry store Bailey, Banks & Biddle
  • So this is a very attractive pink color, except I think it is odd that Baccarat chose to make a rabbit figurine with pink crystal
  • As far as I know, all of Baccarat's pieces are made of smooth crystal
  • I like the fact that I get to see his cute little bunny tail sticking out from his bottom
  • I always enjoy collecting animal figurines, because I love animals and I feel like collecting these figurines brings me closer to the animal kingdom somehow

• by Lisa Pellegrini

If I remember correctly, I bought this little crystal rabbit about seven or eight years ago at the jewelry store Bailey, Banks & Biddle. They were located in the mall near my home. They sold giftware in the back of the store, and they had a nice selection of Lladro pieces as well as Baccarat and Swarovski. Unfortunately, the store closed down recently. I will miss going in there and browsing at the figurines and the jewelry.

Obviously, this rabbit figurine is one of Baccarat’s older pieces. It is not featured on their website, but there is another crystal rabbit on there called the “Zodiac Rabbit.” That one is in clear crystal, and it is a little similar to the rabbit piece that I own. But my rabbit is in a lovely mid-tone shade of pink. I would almost compare it to the color of rose wine. (That is rose with an accent over the “e.”) I think some people call it blush wine. So this is a very attractive pink color, except I think it is odd that Baccarat chose to make a rabbit figurine with

pink crystal. Rabbits are not pink!

Anyway, this rabbit is approximately three and a half inches tall, and he is made of crystal that is completely smooth. As far as I know, all of Baccarat’s pieces are made of smooth crystal. The rabbit is sitting up, and his arms (if you can call them that) are draped across his chest. I like the fact that I get to see his cute little bunny tail sticking out from his bottom. I wish it were a white tail, like the color of a real rabbit’s tail, but then Baccarat would have had to use white crystal to create it. And I have never seen them create any of their pieces with smooth white crystal.

I like how Baccarat made two indentations in the rabbit’s face to indicate where his eyes are. It looks like they took a needle and pricked the crystal before it hardened. And here are two more things that I find amusing about this rabbit figurine. His ears are pointy and standing straight up in the air, and they make me think of the ears that the ...

• Playboy Bunnies used to wear!

The other amusing feature of this rabbit is that if I tap him lightly on his ears, he wobbles a little and does not fall down (just like the Weebles toys). I have a Swarovski crystal figurine that does the same thing when I tap it. So apparently some of the crystal companies have the same idea in mind. I think that is clever in a way, because it allows me to “play” with the crystal and not just put it down somewhere and look at it. After all, that can get boring after a while. So this feature lets me appreciate the movement in this figurine, and at the same time, it is putting a smile on my face.

I like this rabbit very much, because I think that Baccarat did a fine job in making him look adorable. His features are all very cute. I only have a few other rabbit figurines, and they are all different in some way. This Baccarat piece is my only pink rabbit and the only one that I own in smooth crystal, so of course

that makes him special. I always enjoy collecting animal figurines, because I love animals and I feel like collecting these figurines brings me closer to the animal kingdom somehow. So building a collection is just a natural passion for me. I feel like I have Noah’s Ark in my own bedroom, figuratively speaking.

If you want to see a color photo of this pink rabbit figurine, then google “Replacements.” The listing for it says that it is out of stock, but you can always call the 800 number on the screen to ask whether they will be getting more pieces in. Easter is coming in a few months, and this rabbit would make the perfect gift for a relative or close friend who loves bunnies or furry creatures in general. He really is an irresistible little guy. If the Replacements website is not getting any more stock in, then you can always look at the rabbit that is featured on the Baccarat website. He is a more realistic looking rabbit, whereas my pink rabbit looks more like a caricature. Maybe that is another reason why I find him so amusing!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4627011404261131/k2311a0127/1.27.11