Sony NEX-5 camera  » Cameras  »
  • I had this camera with me during the winter holidays, and I thought that it would be a good idea to share my opinion about it for the people who are interested in buying one
  • I wanted something that was a little bit better than a compact camera, because I don’t consider that I a am ready for a full DSLR
  • I recharged the battery twice in a period of two weeks and I took I think more than 500 photos
  • I recommend using a plastic cover for the display, they are very cheap and it is totally worth it
  • The only problem that I have with the display is that it gets very dirty, very quick

• by Brock

I am back with a review of Sony NEX-5. I had this camera with me during the winter holidays, and I thought that it would be a good idea to share my opinion about it for the people who are interested in buying one. I wanted something that was a little bit better than a compact camera, because I don’t consider that I a am ready for a full DSLR.

Maybe you are wondering why I didn’t get an entry level model from Canon or something

like Sony Alpha. I would have to answer that I really liked the Sony NEX-5 after the researches that I have done.

Currently I have de 16 mm lens. In vacation I only used the 18-55 mm lens.

When I unboxed the Sony NEX-5 I was surprised because of the weight that is very comparable with a compact camera. I didn’t have any problems carrying around even though you can’t put it in your pocket.

Sony provides you with a strap to go on the unit.

• I have to say that I really hate the provided strap because you can’t really adjust it the way you want, but at least is free.

The battery life on the Sony NEX-5 is pretty good. I recharged the battery twice in a period of two weeks and I took I think more than 500 photos.

So I have to say that the battery is excellent, at least for my needs. The display is absolutely wonderful.

I recommend using a plastic cover for the display, they

are very cheap and it is totally worth it. The only problem that I have with the display is that it gets very dirty, very quick.

I was surprised by how fast the Sony NEX-5 is, you don’t have to wait a lot from the moment when you start the camera to the moment you can actually shoot a photo. The quality of the photos are quite good, depends what types of cameras have you used before, but for this price range I was totally satisfied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4327011403561031/k2311a0127/1.27.11