Bonny’s Chicken Enchiladas  » Recipes  »
  • I love Enchiladas, so I am always trying new things
  • This is how I like to make my Chicken Enchiladas

• by Bonny
      I love Enchiladas, so I am always trying new things. This is how I like to make my Chicken Enchiladas. They are nice and spicy! If you have read my other recipe reviews you know I love spicy food. So these for sure hit the spot.

So what do I put in my Enchiladas? You can use leftover chicken, or cook some chicken breast up and cool them, then shread the meat. If you have a George Forman grill, the chicken will cook in about 4 minutes. You can adjust

the recipe for as many people as you need.

Just add more of each ingredient. Bonny’s Chicken Enchiladas 10 Corn Tortillas ( more if needed) 1 large onion chopped Chopped green chili’s to taste ( from a small can) 2 tablesppons vegetable oil 1 tablespoon Chili powder 1 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic ( I use the minced garlic in a jar) 1 teaspoon cumin (optional) 1 package cream cheese(8oz) 5 cups shredded cooked chicken 3/4 or more of Chunky salsa ( Newmans own is really good) 1 small can ...

• chopped black olives 1 large 28oz can Enchilada sauce ( I use an extra 14 oz can as well) Sharp cheese & montery jack cheese mixed ( to taste) we like a lot of cheese. In a large saucepan, heat oil over med-high heat.

Add onion & cook stirring often, till tender. Stir in chili powder, garlic, cumin & green chili\’s. Add cream cheese & cook over low heat, breaking up cheese til melted.

add chicken & salsa, cook over medium heat, stirring often, till heated through. Remove pan from

heat & stir in one cup of cheese & olives. Spread 1/4 cup Enchilada sauce over the bottom of 9 x 13 inch baking dish.

Spoon 1/3 cup of chicken mixture slightly below center of each Tortilla. Roll up from bottom & arrange seam side down in prepared baking dish. Top with remaining enchilada sauce & aprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake 15 to 20 minutes, till hot & bubbly. A nice crisp toss salad goes well with this dish. This is a popular family favorite in our house.

Everyone looks forward to me making it! Always a hit. It’s spicy & Tasty! You can’t go wrong with this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 492103140350931/k2311a0321/3.21.07